79 Beast

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Do you have any lifts on the bodys? I,m thinking about putting some air shocks all the way around mine this year. I have some 3 inch blocks a friend gave me and might use them also.
The 78 is something close to stock suspension, and it’s super stiff. The 35” have not rubbed any yet. Plan on softening up its ride a little. The 79 is running a 4” SuperLifts suspension, very nice ride not to stiff not too soft, good wheel travel. It’s been rode hard and put up muddy, those 35’s have touched a place or two. Those were some hard hits though.

Have some 1 1/2” spring lifts for the front somewhere around here, when I find them will send them to you. Think there is a set of rough country helper springs in the parts cage. I’ll look in a bit moving slow today down with my back

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The 78 is something close to stock suspension, and it’s super stiff. The 35” have not rubbed any yet. Plan on softening up its ride a little. The 79 is running a SuperLifts suspension, very nice ride not to stiff not too soft, good wheel travel. It’s been rode hard and put up muddy, those 35’s have touched a place or two. Those were some hard hits though.

Have some 1 1/2” spring lifts for the front somewhere around here, when I find them will send them to you. Think there is a set of rough country helper springs in the parts cage. I’ll look in a bit moving slow today down with my back
Well you take it easy on your back. Don,t go looking for my sake. Are they the spacers where up twist in with a half in ratchet ? I have some of them around hear,. Have so much stuff--stuff covers other things. hahaha That stiff ride will be hardb on your back. I put some extra springs under my pick up and took it for a TEST drive of about 4 milles. It almost beat me to death and I was down on my back about a week. One way you can get a much softer ride is add 4 inches of foam on the BOTTOM of the seat and 2 inches on the back part of the seat. We did that to my brother pick up. The only draw back is . It does bring you close to the steering wheel,but that comfort was nice. A person could LOWER the seat. Buy cutting the seat frame down some. I learnt my lesson about stiff rides the hard way.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Well you take it easy on your back. Don,t go looking for my sake. Are they the spacers where up twist in with a half in ratchet ? I have some of them around hear,. Have so much stuff--stuff covers other things. hahaha That stiff ride will be hardb on your back. I put some extra springs under my pick up and took it for a TEST drive of about 4 milles. It almost beat me to death and I was down on my back about a week. One way you can get a much softer ride is add 4 inches of foam on the BOTTOM of the seat and 2 inches on the back part of the seat. We did that to my brother pick up. The only draw back is . It does bring you close to the steering wheel,but that comfort was nice. A person could LOWER the seat. Buy cutting the seat frame down some. I learnt my lesson about stiff rides the hard way.
We made a seat cover and put the foam in it. Then we put the seat cover. Over the original seat.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
We made a seat cover and put the foam in it. Then we put the seat cover. Over the original seat.
When my mom was living and I,d be outside working and my back would start acting up. I,d walk in. Get down on the floor. Lay down face and have mom walk on my back. It,dpop and took all the pain out of my back and I was ready to go back to work. I never had surgery and heard any good about it. I have 5 disentergated disc,s. Completely gone. I have my good and bad days. Just like a old vehicle.hahaha

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Both of my 78,s have bench seat in them. One did have buckets,but they were wore out and I replaced it with a bench seat, More soft and comfortable

johnnyreb

Reaction score
My bronco rides as comfortable as my buicks or cadillac

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The 78 is something close to stock suspension, and it’s super stiff. The 35” have not rubbed any yet. Plan on softening up its ride a little. The 79 is running a 4” SuperLifts suspension, very nice ride not to stiff not too soft, good wheel travel. It’s been rode hard and put up muddy, those 35’s have touched a place or two. Those were some hard hits though.

I have a friend who replaced the rubber bushing on his truck with the plastic ones. He said it was a big mistake,. Now it rode rough.

79Bronco460PI

Reaction score
About Bronco springs and lift: We have always used a new pair of 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham coil springs in the front. And I always cut the spring so it can go into the hole on the bottom cup. And we heat and bend the top to fit the upper bracket. This give you a lift of 2.5" and that soft Cadillac ride. I had several friends that left the springs uncut, and got 3.5" lift. And that extra inch was the point of getting the center of gravity to the point where you could get them on 2 wheels on pavement. But you couldn't do it with only 2.5" lift. And if we were lifting one with a winch, then we used the limo version of the same spring.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
About Bronco springs and lift: We have always used a new pair of 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham coil springs in the front. And I always cut the spring so it can go into the hole on the bottom cup. And we heat and bend the top to fit the upper bracket. This give you a lift of 2.5" and that soft Cadillac ride. I had several friends that left the springs uncut, and got 3.5" lift. And that extra inch was the point of getting the center of gravity to the point where you could get them on 2 wheels on pavement. But you couldn't do it with only 2.5" lift. And if we were lifting one with a winch, then we used the limo version of the same spring.
Well one I never drove far,but it rode good. The other one. I drove it a good bit and it rode really nice.

OP
OP
NotaVegetarian

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I’ve worked any on the Beast, acquired some LMC door panels. First let me say these are cheap crap. They are molded plastic with reinforcement around the clips. Put insulation on the doors the attempted to install the passenger door panel. The clips all aligned as they should, the hole for the window roller was about half hole off. No worries I have a hole saw. There is only one hole in the cup to attach the pull handle, no worries I have the right size bit now there’s two. Finally have the passenger side installed. The drivers side was a lot easier. Only needed the other hole for the door pull. So for the first time in twenty years it has door panels.

These panels are cheap junk don’t buy them I’m glad I didn’t, but I did pick them up in a trade.

Attachments

• 29D21AAC-E9D2-47E2-BB68-9F6DF1E951F4.jpeg
    29D21AAC-E9D2-47E2-BB68-9F6DF1E951F4.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 80B856E9-B561-4F1C-B903-6DC77DD74841.jpeg
    80B856E9-B561-4F1C-B903-6DC77DD74841.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1869AF54-8643-4E54-BE3D-4088ED2A824B.jpeg
    1869AF54-8643-4E54-BE3D-4088ED2A824B.jpeg
    421.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Jimbo26

Reaction score
............But I have set a trap for my little friend……..
[/QUOTE]
The trap couldn't be for the 'mouse motor', so good deal. 😉👍

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom