'78 Bronco Brake Line Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Enduroguy

Reaction score
I bought the stainless steel hard line brake kit from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, along with braided s.s. lines for the left front, right front, front main, and rear main.

The problem is, I have 4-5 connections leaking like crazy. In fact, after letting the truck sit for a while, my brake fluid has leaked out and I have no pedal. Annoying.

I've worked on brakes quite a bit in my time, and I usually tighten brake connections moderately tight. When it starts to twist the hard line, then I typically stop there. At that point, these kept leaking. So I continued to tighten them until I felt they simply couldn't go any tighter, and they still leak.

Any suggestions out there? Anyone have this same problem?

Thanks,

John

Billz4x4z

Reaction score
Take them apart and make sure there is no defects in the fittings or the flares.Stainless is a harder material than regular steel,and sometimes the flares weren't finished properly.

All else fails call the place where ya got em,and tell them your problem.

Just my thoughts.

Bill

G

I bought the stainless steel hard line brake kit from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, along with braided s.s. lines for the left front, right front, front main, and rear main.
The problem is, I have 4-5 connections leaking like crazy. In fact, after letting the truck sit for a while, my brake fluid has leaked out and I have no pedal. Annoying.

I've worked on brakes quite a bit in my time, and I usually tighten brake connections moderately tight. When it starts to twist the hard line, then I typically stop there. At that point, these kept leaking. So I continued to tighten them until I felt they simply couldn't go any tighter, and they still leak.

Any suggestions out there? Anyone have this same problem?

Thanks,

John
you should try to pull directly back on the line while tightening the fitting, this will help it seat correctly

4xfan78

Reaction score
This may sound dumb but check the little copper washer.It could not be letting it seat correctly. Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23