78-79 Clutch linkage, 4 speed, and 390 Engine question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ric330

Reaction score
I was curious myself so I dug around a little. It apparently was used by Ford from 66-76 in light duty F100 4x4s with the New Process transmission. There was no neutral position. Here's what the **** looked like.
...apparently you can't use the word "kn0b" here. hehe

Attachments

• shift ****.jpg
    shift ****.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 4

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I was curious myself so I dug around a little. It apparently was used by Ford from 66-76 in light duty F100 4x4s with the New Process transmission. There was no neutral position. Here's what the **** looked like.
...apparently you can't use the word "kn0b" here. hehe
I she it got slipped buy. I don,t see why not. Not hear when you talk about a shifter ****.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Ric330 is right. Alot of peoplethink the 390 is a big block. Its the medium size. The 429-460 are big blocks. The 390 will go into the 78-79 with very little work. And about 4 inches forward of the firewall. You don,t need the 4 row radiator--3 row would work fine. I can post pic later if you want. You,ll have to drill or burn holes in the mount towers. The transmisson bolted up. I don,t rememeber if the piolet bearing is the same or not. It might have to be changed--check it first.
I bolted it up to a 4 speed manual transmission.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke