68 Bronco

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Broncoholics

Broncoholics
Reaction score
Hello! I'm new so here's some info on my rig:

68 Bronco Half Cab, 302, NP435/205, 5:89 gears with Detroits, 38.5" SX's, 3.5" Duff lift, 2" body, wristed radius arm, long travel shocks, York on board air, warn 9000i winch, 8 point cage, rock ski's, 73 Scout Saganaw box, tie-rod over, etc...

Speaking of which... I did the Tie Rod Over conversion last weekend.

This modification not only helped it turn easier but the clearance is increased by 3". Since I didn't want to waste cash and get the Chevy 1 ton knuckles like everyone is doing I thought I'd keep the stock stuff since its in good shape.

BC Bronco sells angled shimsthat will fit in the knuckles after you ream from the top down. There are 5 shims, one small that fits the stock rod end and a larger one that the small shim fits into (for more strength) on each knuckle (2 small, 2 large) the last small shim is for the drag link end that installs into the tie rod. Installing the shims is good because you have to ream more of the knuckle to allow them to fit which takes out the hour glass shape in the knuckles when reaming from the top down. Plus if you go with the F150 steering later you simply take out the small shims in the knuckle and leave the large one in place, this fits the F150 rod ends. So its a nice way convert later. Or you can drill out the knuckles and go with heim joints. I did have to cut the trac bar bolt on the axle 1/4" so the steering would have more clearance. Let me know if anyone has questions on or wants photos...

Eric

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj