66 Bronco half cab restore.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DATanker

Reaction score
I purchased my 66 back in 2012 its been slowly collecting dust and being used as a shelf in my garage since then aside from occasional removing some cancerous body panels. Her name is Wilma. I'm not going to lie I really don't know where to start. She ran when I bought her but had to be push started either due to a fly wheel tooth issue or a spacer issue with the starter. The dust shroud is missing on the flywheel cover. I want to get her running sometime in the next two years, but again I dont know where to start . I hope to make a few more posts with pictures to better show what I'm talking about. ... for starters though What are the best methods for getting spot welds separated

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo DATanker,
Welcome!
Use a Rotary Spot Weld Cutter, 3/8" or smaller.
See excellent info by my pal Sixlitre @ https://www.supermotors.net/clubs/superford/registry/4970/19525-2

such as for example,
"Here's one in action. The truth is I find you have to pilot first with a small drill bit (7/32") halfway into the first layer of metal otherwise it wanders all over the place.

That said I found these very useful and will use them again."

Attachments

• img_0064.jpg
    img_0064.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 2

chrlsful

Reaction score
I'd ID everything 1st. Any new-to-me rig, esp 50 yr old (OP's swap out prts) I want to know what I have. I do alota research. Then address the safety/mechanical. I want it running. I use'em. The rest (as I don't have unlimited budget) is paid 4 (save) as I continue that all important research. Every automotive Q defers back to "Application". As it is a System, doing 1 thing 1 place effects all the others. I want a congruent whole, nota hack job. So knowing what I want to end up w/what the vehicle is capable of & what I currently have - i develop a plan AND budget, one I wrk to the end w/o change (seen too many messes that went 1 way, then another, back again). V E R Y important w/a multipurpose (as they R not good at anything, OK at a few). Research, then a full plan, meanwhile drive'n enjoy ! HTH~

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke