460 swap oil pan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
hello folks. I did the 460 swap in my 79 bronco and i have a few issues. first is the oil pan kit that i purchased from bronco graveyard has a bad casting for the oil dipstick tube receiver so i am leaking oil all over the place on my new exhaust and block ect... I cant get them to honor thier mistake so i am looking elsewhere for an alternative. i already have the high volume pump with the appropriate pick up but the new pan i received from auto zone won't fit with the pick up. the rear sump area is too narrow for the round oil screen pick up.

Does anyone know who else offers the oil pan for the swap or what year the oil pan that jeffs bronco graveyard sells for the swap is from? i bought the 7 qt. oil pan for my swap. or if there is a way to get the threaded dipstick tube receiver for the pan? if i can get that receiver i would be set.

By the way.... I strongly urge everyone to either not purchase from bronco graveyard or be aware that if THEY mess up in any way with your order YOU will have to PAY the additional shipping costs to fix THIER mistake!! I personally will pay whatever extra the cost for parts before i ever ever order from bronco graveyard again!

If you do order from bronco graveyard please be sure to not deal with Pat, one of the few salesmen there.

thanks for any help with locating the parts I need to enjoy my bronco.

Foul Al

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Al, What year model 460 did you swap into the 79 Bronco? And what donor car/truck did it come out of, if you know the source? That info would help with my response to your problem. Also, if you have had an unsatisfactory deal with BG, let admin (dana) know, and perhaps he can straighten things out with them. I've ordered several parts from BG and never had a problem, JSM84

muddrivermike

Reaction score
That sucks.Ive ordered a lot of things from graveyard and NEVER had an issue with them either.Maybe it was just the person you were dealing with.Take JSMs advice and call the people in charge.I cant see them letting things go like that..

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23