4 Bbl Carb For 4.9

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazzmann

Reaction score
I am new to group.This is one of the best Bronco sites I have been to.I have an 86 full sized Bronco with a 4.9 6 cyl engine.I have a spare moter on an engine stand that I am going to rebuild because the one in the bronco has 219000 miles on it.It is still running great and I am not going to mess with it as long as it is running so good.But when I do,I have an Offenhauser dual plane 4bbl intake manifold for it.What size carb should I put on it? I have been thol the 600 Ededbrock is a good one and I have also been told to use a 390 Holley.Also would a stock cam work with either one of these set-ups,and should I look into a set of headers?Thanks,TAZZ

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
I think a 550 - 600 cfm anything would be good for it, even with a factory cam.

If you do go with a bigger cam, I would stay closer to the 600 cfm range and deffinately headers if you go that route.

Headers will help anyways tho :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
T

Tazzmann

Reaction score
Thanks,I know that Clifford performance makes headers for the inline6,but does anyone know who else also would have them? TAZZ

Bradt

Reaction score
Tazz I'm afraid you may just have to shoot that old engine before you get to put in the new one if you're waiting for it to quit.

Brad

DesertBronco

Reaction score
Tazz,

I think Headman makes a performance header for yours, with a choice of 2 or 3 different outlet sizes, depending on what you're going to bolt to the noisemaker end. I've used their headers on a couple different projects and really like 'em. Little pricy compared to what else you may find, but good stuff.

DesertB

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Yeah, you may have a long wait on the I-6 before it goes out. As for the spare motor, what cid is it??? Just guessing, but for a 351W with a mild 4x4 or RV cam (why stay stock?) go with a 600-650cfm carb. Might look at the Holley Truck Avenger, it's rated at 670cfm. i don't like headers, so no comment there.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat