3in. Body Lift Questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

American Rebel

4x4 Trail Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have a 1988 Ford Bronco 5.0L 302ci. I am buying a body lift kit, which I have a few questions about. How hard is it to put on a body lift kit, the one I am buying is a 3in. body lift.

Furthermore, Will Stock BF-Goodrich All-Terrain T/A's 31in. still look good with the body lift? I just don't quite have the money to invest into new bigger tires. Right now I am spending a little here and a little there on my truck. My job on the weekend isn't paying enough.

I didn't want to get a suspension lift because I drive the truck everyday. I heard it changes how your bronco handles. Anyways, anyone with answers is greatly appreciated...

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Try searching the fourm for posts on "Body lifts", as there's several. Anything connecting the body and frame need to be addressed. Lengthening the steering column and shift linkage, modifying the radiator fan shroud, and raising the bumpers to match the body are the hard part.

OP
OP
American Rebel

American Rebel

4x4 Trail Master
Reaction score
Try searching the fourm for posts on "Body lifts", as there's several. Anything connecting the body and frame need to be addressed. Lengthening the steering column and shift linkage, modifying the radiator fan shroud, and raising the bumpers to match the body are the hard part.
30014[/snapback]

Thanks, I ordered a kit that includes everything but bumper brackets...

OP
OP
American Rebel

American Rebel

4x4 Trail Master
Reaction score
The body lift kit comes in Monday

How do you modify the fan shroud? I looked at it today and it seems I might have to remove the radiator?!?

The kit comes with the steering linkage extension, transmission and transfer case extensions. I have to make the bumper brackets :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Anybody have any online sites that show you how to do this stuff? The kit includes instructions, but I don't like to wait. I'd like to know how to do it before I even get the kit.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Since your radiator will now be 2"/3" higher than before, the fan will hit the shroud unless you lower it back to the stock location. That's kinda hard to do, so some folks just cut off the bottom half to clear the fan. TO remove the shroud, just unbolt the fan. Your raqiator may not cool as efficiently as before, but still better than removing the shroud altogether. PLus, keeping the top half retains a little bit of safety from the fan if you're working onthe motor while it's running.

Check the link to "Miesk5Homepage" in the Tech Articles forum. IT has several links to body kit installs. Good Luck!!!

redman275

Reaction score
Just wondering what lift kit did you get? Looking to do this to my bronco in the near future. :D/

Last edited by a moderator:

broncoRPG

Reaction score
I am also considering a 3 in. body lift. They sound like a pain but its only 100 bucks so thats cheaper for my since i'm payin for school.

Paul91

Reaction score
I was just wondering how the body lift went. What brand did you order? This is the next project for mine. Any tips would be great. Thanks.

mad-dawg

Reaction score
I was just wondering how the body lift went.  What brand did you order?  This is the next project for mine.  Any tips would be great.  Thanks.
32505[/snapback]

how did the lift go ? [-o<

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat