300cid Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ouzel

Reaction score
I want to put in a 1994, 300cid Inline 6, 5-speed, into my 1966 half-cab, it currently has a 200cid, 3 on the tree. Has anyone heard of or had any experience with this swap?

G

guido

What your proposing would be a lot of work for very little tangible gains.

The 300 six, while a great motor is ill suited for an early Bronco. This motor was designed for full size and commercial applications so the physical size of it would create some major obstacles to overcome. The thing is probably 8 inches longer than your 200 CI stocker.

The motor will bolt right up to your bronco's bell housing. That's the only easy part. I think the input shaft on the tranny may be different but am not sure. Unfortunately the water pump will be sticking out somewhere around your license plate holder.

I wouldn't recommend trying this conversion unless you are willing to seperate the body from the frame, fabricate new motor & transmission mounts. Fabricate new drivelines. Remove firewall and fabricate new firewall.

What you will have at the end would be unique but hard to justify when 302 and 351 conversions can be supported with Detroit engineering and parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula