300 Cid Compression Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cleo

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how much psi of compression a 300 inline is supposed to have when it is new?

jfrbronco

Reaction score
don't know myself but can ask some one who's a 300 fan. what year is it too?

JFR- :)>-

OP
OP
C

cleo

Reaction score
The Bronco is a 83' with 135K on it. We did a compression test on the engine today and the numbers are from fornt to back 139, 141, 150, 151, 150, and 141. Which a friend of my said are good, however, I still have a lot of oil smoke coming from the crankcase fill hose and the pcv hole as well as a slight amount of smoke from the tail pipe. If anyone knows what the compression is supposed to be or if anyone has a answer to my smoking problem let me know I would appreciate it.

Bronco_In_Ny

Reaction score
You shouldn't have more then 10PSI between each, did they all hold or did one or more fall off slowly? you might want to recheck the cyl that came back with 141 and under try to put alittle oil thru the spark plug holes and see if the compression comes up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23