2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markinark

Reaction score
1. How do you know if your 1994 Bronco XLT had keyless entry?

2. Is there a 16" rim from another ford truck that will swap for 15" rim for 1994 Bronco?

Seabronc

Reaction score
Can't answer number 1, but the only 16 " wheels that I know of that will fit the 94 Bronco are available from LMC Truck http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fd/full.aspx?Page=85. Your wheels are 5 on a 5.5 pattern the newer ones with 16 inch are 5 on a 135mm pattern, just enough to not fit. Also the 94 wheel is lug centric were the newer wheels are hub centric. I tried to get an adapter for that a couple of years ago and found that no one makes it and wouldn't even do it as a special order.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo Mark,

This is a Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module pic by Steve83

and da Programming Connector Location in a 94; "...gray connector taped to all the wires."

Source: by makeos at http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/650083/fullsize/img_0431.jpg

it is the grey connector taped to all the wires. to right of strg column

-

"...Dodge 16" rim can be made to fit a Ford..." read pic captions

Source: by Steve83 (Steve, That dirty old truck) at http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/744829

&

http://www.supermotors.net/registry/media/744966

95EB Bronco

Reaction score
Yeah the remote keyless entry box is under the steering wheel on the right. If you need a remote for your your truck look on ebay I'm gonna buy one for my 95. The Ford dealer where I live said any 3 button Ford, Lincoln or Mercury will work from 93 to 96. These are easily programmed from what I hear.

germanflames

Reaction score
i actually have the manual for the keyless entry and i could get some pictures for you, if you have one so you know how to set one up. Best buy a remote on ebay than from ford, ford will ask alot for a remote. When i went to get a new remote my dealer wanted $75 for a new one, bought one off ebay for $20.

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo,

Good stuff guys, thanks!

I have more on da RKE in my site @ http://www.broncolinks.com/index.php?index=124;

Such as;

Programming Procedure & Connector Location Diagram, Bronco, 92-96; "From the Ford service CD: Programming, Electronic Door Lock Control Processor Note: The remote entry features will not function when the key is in the RUN or ACCESSORY position. To unlock the driver's door, press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter (which is programmed into the remote entry receiver module) once. This will also disarm the anti-theft system, if equipped. To unlock all doors, press the UNLOCK button on the transmitter twice. The second depression must be within five seconds of the first UNLOCK depression. If more than five seconds have elapsed since the first depression of the UNLOCK button, pressing the UNLOCK button again will only unlock the driver's door. To turn on interior lamps (13776), press either UNLOCK or PANIC. To lock all doors, press the LOCK button on the transmitter once. To confirm that doors have locked, press LOCK button again, within five seconds of the first depression. This will beep the horn (13832), flash the parking lamps and lock all doors again. To activate the personal security alarm, press the red PANIC button. The horn will beep and parking lamps (13201) will flash for a maximum of two minutes, forty-five seconds. To deactivate the personal security alarm, press the red PANIC button again or turn the ignition switch (11572) ON. Note: The remote entry receiver module erases all previous transmitters from memory when the transmitters are programmed or reprogrammed. The remote entry receiver module can store up to four transmitters in memory. To program (or reprogram) transmitter(s) into the remote entry receiver module, perform the following steps: 1. Turn key to the ON or ON/ACCESSORY position and momentarily short the two terminals of the program connector (C4) (a two-pin connector taped to the wire assembly connected to the remote entry receiver module, approximately 6 inches from the remote entry receiver module). All doors should lock then unlock. Remove shorting pin. 2. Press any button on transmitter. All doors should lock then unlock to verify that the transmitter has been programmed. If door locks do not respond, press button again (up to three times maximum with the same transmitter). 3. Repeat Step 2 to program additional transmitters into the remote entry receiver module (up to four transmitters maximum). 4. Key off. All doors should lock then unlock. 5. Check operation..."

Source: by Ford via miesk5 at Ford Bronco Zone Forums

Diagnostics by Ford via Steve83

rkediagstart.jpg

Programming Procedure & Transmitter (FOB) Types & Images, Bronco (Type 2 in 94-96) & other Ford (in 92-99) Source: by AccessoryMan at SuperMotors.net

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Diagnostic Service Tips TSB 03-18-1 for 94-96

Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Inoperative; Fuse 8 Overload; Possible Short In Circuit 54 TSB 95-14-11 for 94-95 Bronco & F Series

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK