1998 Ford V 10

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

af ford able

Reaction score
i am putting this out there if any body has come across this problem before i have a 98 v10 in a motor home ford chassis of course the problem i am haveing it seems when i changed the air filter to a k+n the problem started it began surgeing on idle in gear it is fine just in park or neautral dont now what to make of it thanks for any info you can give.

amcabbott

Reaction score
its your idle air control valve IACV. 3 fords I have owned had a rolling idle problem. the iacv has a plastic worm gear that gets all carboned up and moves to slow so the computer keeps trying to change the fuel settings giving it that great rolling surging idle. it can be cleaned but usualy it will stick giving a high idle or no idle at all. replace it with a new one there not to much for the v8s. mine was $35.00 from advance auto parts and i am pritty shure the v10 used the same one .any vacume leak can make it even worse.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23