1994 Bronco Overland Expedition to the Arctic Ocean

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fflcfreak

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just recently joined this site. I've been reading on here for years, but I never joined. My bad. However, I have a 1994 Bronco XLT that my Dad bought new off the showroom floor. I bought it from him in 2000 right before my son was born. He was brought home in this Bronco. Here's a picture from several years ago.

pWQPRzspftL0yxvFiTAuJJS39LsIPuzNfZbOqTi0vI-s=w2400.jpg

Long story shortened, I, along with a couple of buddies, am taking a trip to the Arctic Ocean this September (assuming Canada opens up by then).

NDVTxG3VufFYbsvr9f2nRev2Z5QjUmOUYMuKbybamcvc=w2400.png

A buddy of mine is working on sponsorship from some big companies. Without going into too much detail, a following on YouTube would help tremendously. If you are interested, check out Aussie Dog Garage on YouTube. Here is a link to the first video / introduction if you want to check it out.

A "like" and "subscribe" would really help us out with the YouTube thing. I'm still learning the whole video editing game, so please bear with me. I really hope the videos get better with time.

I have a lot to do before our planned departure date of 9/6/2021. A short list of projects are:
Gear swap to 4:10s with Detroit Truetracs front and rear
Rear axle bearings and front axle u-joints while I'm in there
Transfer case rebuild
Water pump replacement and hoses
Timing chain (maybe) while I'm doing the water pump
New Transmission cooler lines
Ham radio and antenna install
Sleeping platform, shelves and a fridge mount
Tool storage
Jerry can mount
Maybe a rear bumper
Full fluid change

It's a big list, and I want to have it done by June'ish to start some test runs / camping to make sure everything works as it should. I plan on documenting it all on YouTube. I'll try to update this thread as I go, but YouTube is where the money/sponsorship is, so I'll definitely continue to add videos. Any help or assistance with this whole project would be greatly appreciated!

And, as a teaser, I just finished my new bumper.

grrCqGwqTYEVyVUeL4ScPPlh_uBO8EKmBQE6yEOvjmJU=w2400.jpg

The bumper build is the second video in the series.

Currently, I have 3 videos. I hope to have more uploaded soon. Check it out!

Thanks again!

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Site! @miesk5 has done a great job of making this place a knowledge resource. Lots of people come and visit and few stay.

Sub'd to your Channel, Always happy to see people making Bronco vids.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
Awesome, Will certainly follow.

Wanting to do a similar trip, ferry to the northern side of Alaska and drive back, alaska is one of the only states I have left and yes Canada is a big hold up right now.

I have no idea what the roads are like on your planned trip but probably worse than what I am looking at, what are the other vehicles?

No idea what those roads are like, probably far worse than anything I am looking at.

OP
OP
F

fflcfreak

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, Miesk5 is on another forum that I'm a member of. He does a great job. Thanks for the sub!

Our current plan is to drive up through BC and the Yukon, then hit the Dempster Highway to Tuk. On the way back, we debated taking a ferry from Haines back to Bellingham, but the cost was a little much. So we are going to take a different highway home (I can't remember then name off the top of my head). For the most part, it will be pavement. However, a good chunk of the Dempster is gravel. We'll do a little off roading (i.e. logging roads) looking for camp sites and such, but certainly nothing ********. Currently, the other vehicle going the whole way is a 2016 Ram.

It should be a fun trip. I'll take lots of pics and videos.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo fflcfreak,
Welcome!
I did look at your tube videos! And I saw them @ FSB and Liked!
Good fortune up there!
Al

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just recently joined this site. I've been reading on here for years, but I never joined. My bad. However, I have a 1994 Bronco XLT that my Dad bought new off the showroom floor. I bought it from him in 2000 right before my son was born. He was brought home in this Bronco. Here's a picture from several years ago.

View attachment 27733

Long story shortened, I, along with a couple of buddies, am taking a trip to the Arctic Ocean this September (assuming Canada opens up by then).

View attachment 27734

A buddy of mine is working on sponsorship from some big companies. Without going into too much detail, a following on YouTube would help tremendously. If you are interested, check out Aussie Dog Garage on YouTube. Here is a link to the first video / introduction if you want to check it out.

A "like" and "subscribe" would really help us out with the YouTube thing. I'm still learning the whole video editing game, so please bear with me. I really hope the videos get better with time.

I have a lot to do before our planned departure date of 9/6/2021. A short list of projects are:
Gear swap to 4:10s with Detroit Truetracs front and rear
Rear axle bearings and front axle u-joints while I'm in there
Transfer case rebuild
Water pump replacement and hoses
Timing chain (maybe) while I'm doing the water pump
New Transmission cooler lines
Ham radio and antenna install
Sleeping platform, shelves and a fridge mount
Tool storage
Jerry can mount
Maybe a rear bumper
Full fluid change

It's a big list, and I want to have it done by June'ish to start some test runs / camping to make sure everything works as it should. I plan on documenting it all on YouTube. I'll try to update this thread as I go, but YouTube is where the money/sponsorship is, so I'll definitely continue to add videos. Any help or assistance with this whole project would be greatly appreciated!

And, as a teaser, I just finished my new bumper.

View attachment 27735

The bumper build is the second video in the series.

Currently, I have 3 videos. I hope to have more uploaded soon. Check it out!

Thanks again!
Good luck. Better have some spare parts. Including axles. That,s a very dangereous jounrey. The alert for anything.,bears,wolves. Be careful and well prepared and

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke