1993 HAZARDS/TRUN SIGNALS/BRAKELIGHTS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mitch18

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Bronco - the hazards don't work/ all turn signals/ brake lights dont work. The 3rd brake light however does work.

Tried changing out the 20amp fuses then brakes/signals work once then nothing. where do I go next?

Last edited by a moderator:

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
I have a 1993 Bronco - the hazards don't work/ all turn signals/ brake lights dont work. The 3rd brake light however does work.
Tried changing out the 20amp fuses then brakes/signals work once then nothing. where do I go next?
I'm thinking that IF your brakes DO work once, then your bulbs are ok.

Check your wireing diagram.

I think that your hazards are on one fuse that is hot all the time, and the brakes *may* be on that same fuse.

Could it be that your rear brake lights go through the hazard and the top center one odes not and thae top center is on a differnt line?

Your directionals also go through the hazard flasher, but on a different fuse... not always hot.

It *may* be that you have a problem with the flasher shorting out.

Good luck

joe

OP
OP
M

mitch18

Reaction score
come on people I really needs some insight here.

Thanks

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
come on people I really needs some insight here.

Thanks
Mitch,

I know that I had some spelling errors in there, but what part of my post did you not understand?

Here is a link to a wiring diagram at autozone.

scroll down to figure #30

http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId,19003...900c1528007007b

Which fuse or fuses are blowing? They are numbered, look at the panel that covers them or in the fuse block itself.

I don't know what F53 means in the diagram, so do you have a single electronic flasher unit? OR do you have a Hazard flasher, and a turn signal flasher?

OP
OP
M

mitch18

Reaction score
Mitch,I know that I had some spelling errors in there, but what part of my post did you not understand?

Here is a link to a wiring diagram at autozone.

scroll down to figure #30

http://www.autozone.com/addVehicleId,19003...900c1528007007b

Which fuse or fuses are blowing? They are numbered, look at the panel that covers them or in the fuse block itself.

I don't know what F53 means in the diagram, so do you have a single electronic flasher unit? OR do you have a Hazard flasher, and a turn signal flasher?
I have a round signal/flasher fuse and also a square 2o amp fuse I believe it to be the 20 amp that blows

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
mitch,

I went to autozone and entered your year truck and searched for hazard flasher, and I searched for turn flasher

both searches came up with the same part.

This is the electronic flasher... it looks identical to the regular one except that it has electronic written on it.

http://www.autozone.com/images/products/tri/triel12003.jpg

for $9 I'd pull mine out, buy a new one of the sane type and try it.

OP
OP
M

mitch18

Reaction score
its probably a fuse, mine did the same and it was a fuse.

Ok so all 3 silver fuses have been replaced still no luck. However found out that signals/brake lights work as long as the hazard button is press to the on position. what does anyone make of this?

BroncoJoe19

Reaction score
Ok so all 3 silver fuses have been replaced still no luck. However found out that signals/brake lights work as long as the hazard button is press to the on position. what does anyone make of this?
I think those little rectangular fuses are circuit breaker fuses that can reset themselves. So if you are not sure which one is tripping, hit your brakes to create the short, then pull the CB and use a multimeter test for continuity accross the poles of the fuse. Follow the proceedure for each of them until you discover which one is tripping.

Again... they are numbered, or lettered. If you tell me which one is tripping, I may be able to help more.

Also... did you try replacing the flasher?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23