1991 Ford Bronco Supsension To 94 F250

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letrain

Reaction score
My rear ring and pinion are going out in the back of my bronco(1991 fullsize) and i'm wondering on what i should do to fix the problem. Now i have the chance buy anything i want off a 1994 F250 turbo diesel. I am guess the rear axle will fit on my rig because they are both fullsize, but i am not sure. so that is my first question. Second i know i have to have the same gears in the front, is it possible to buy all the suspension "rigging" on the front w/the front axle off the F250 and use that to replace what i have in the front of my bronco? please help the my opportunity won't last long. any help will be greatly appreciated.

james50cal

Reaction score
I know that it is posable to use the heavier suspension and if you have the know how (cutting torch and welder couldn't hurt either) you could do it without having to purchase a lot of extra stuff. Let me know how it turns out.

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
thanks a lot this help, i've been talking to a buddy of mine and we both think the 94 may be different because of the change in yeah (87-93 was the same) then in 94 they changed the body, but i'm not sure how much they really changed. On the other hand i've also heard you can take a F350 from the same year and just swap everything over, and taking the leaf springs with you. i'm not sure how much of this is true. i know i need new gears in the back and before i do something like keep the same gears! lol i want to see all my options and determine what would be best, i don't care about easy, work is fun, when its on your rig. lol thanks for your help anymore information is great.

BTW!! i got pulled over today for my ball hitch blocking my liscense plate?? *** is that? then he went off about no mud flaps and i've been running around on 35's for over a year! anyways thanks i'll keep you posted.

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
now wait, was just thinking, when you say the rear is just a "bolt and swap", do you mean just the axle or the leaf's too?

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
you'll need it all. if you can pull your bronco up next to the truck and you'll see. body changes didn't hurt em any. you can take a rear from a 80 and it'll slide right under a 96. just the 96 speedo wont work since it reads in the rearend instead of tranny/tcase of early models.

OP
OP
L

letrain

Reaction score
SWEEEEET!!! THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!! the only bad news is that front end crap..with the chevy...is it possible to change the front end to leaf then, because they are the same?? and just steal all the leafs from the f250?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23