1989 bronco A/C control panal.... BURNT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taliation

Reaction score
looks like the high low leaver wiring got to hot and melted the connector wires. I looked around for one at a pick and pull and it seems to not only be mine. The others I found had less damage but still had burn on the plastic.. so what could be the issue.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
To T,
If your blower blew on high in every position, a resistor(s) in resistor pack went bad due to age and high current flow. New resistors are available in most parts stores.
Location pic in an 83; "...After replacing the muffler, I could hear that the blower would only run at HI speed, so I bought a new resistor.
blowerresistor.jpg
When I pulled the old one, I saw why it had overheated - a squirrel nest in the squirrel cage. .." by Steve

Leaf & Debris Build-Up, Drain Location pics in a 90
Source: by My90Bronco (James, Switch)

Screenshot_20210105-155329_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20210105-155410_Drive.jpgDiagrams are from 1989 Ford Bronco EVTM, Emissions (yellowish/red book cover) & Pre-Delivery Manuals, Partial via mrnewland1 in Google Drive @
1989 Service manual - Google Drive
Slow scrolling, so download for faster viewing and to see the table of contents, the search feature, etc.

1989 Ford Bronco Dealer Brochure

1989 Bronco Lubricant Specifications by Ford via Gary
Al

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke