1989 5.0 high pressure fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaptLumpy

Reaction score
Have an 89 Bronco that won't start. In tank fuel pump was bad. Replaced it and the fuel tank. Now I can hear the in tank pump kick on when I turn the key and feel a click on the high pressure pump, but no noise. I have zero fuel pressure. Should I be able to hear the high pressure pump also? Do both pumps normally die at the same time?

Shaggy

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have an 89 Bronco that won't start. In tank fuel pump was bad. Replaced it and the fuel tank. Now I can hear the in tank pump kick on when I turn the key and feel a click on the high pressure pump, but no noise. I have zero fuel pressure. Should I be able to hear the high pressure pump also? Do both pumps normally die at the same time?

So you did not replace the outer fuel pump?

Skitter302

Staff member
Reaction score
If I were in your shoes I would jumper the fuel pump relay and take an amp reading at the High Pressure pump on the frame. If the pump has high amps the pump might be locked up. IF 0amps the pump windings are bad. IF the amps seem normal it might need to prime still.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke