Build sheet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

n2spd

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get a build sheet or know haow to read codes. I have a 1989 Bronco with a 5.8L 351 and automatic trans. I would like to know what trans and transfer case i have. I would also like to know what heads I have. Thanks for your help. Sorry if this was supposed to be in technical

Last edited by a moderator:

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yo!

Build Sheet Information Phone Number, Ford (1-800-392-3673) - FREE!

here is what you will receive from Ford

Build Sheet Information Form; Fords build sheet reply letter w/original build date, optional equipt., axle ratio, paint color, etc Source: by equivalent

you have a Borg Warner 1356 tc

and most likelt an AOD tranny; If the shifter has a P-R-N-OD-D-1 pattern, the transmission must be an AOD (applicable to 1980-1993 vehicles).

If a 1989-1993 truck has an Overdrive Cancel Switch and a P-R-N-OD-2-1 shifter pattern, then it is equipped with an E4OD transmission. With the possible exception of some 4R70W equipped 1993 E-150 vans with 5.0L SFI engines (The existence of a 1993 4R70W van is unsubstantiated). by Baumann

head...see casting number; and then http://www.cehighperformance.com/ford_bloc..._codes.htm#351W

gl!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
N

n2spd

Reaction score
yo!Build Sheet Information Phone Number, Ford (1-800-392-3673) - FREE!

here is what you will receive from Ford

Build Sheet Information Form; Fords build sheet reply letter w/original build date, optional equipt., axle ratio, paint color, etc Source: by equivalent

you have a Borg Warner 1356 tc

and most likelt an AOD tranny; If the shifter has a P-R-N-OD-D-1 pattern, the transmission must be an AOD (applicable to 1980-1993 vehicles).

If a 1989-1993 truck has an Overdrive Cancel Switch and a P-R-N-OD-2-1 shifter pattern, then it is equipped with an E4OD transmission. With the possible exception of some 4R70W equipped 1993 E-150 vans with 5.0L SFI engines (The existence of a 1993 4R70W van is unsubstantiated). by Baumann

head...see casting number; and then http://www.cehighperformance.com/ford_bloc..._codes.htm#351W

gl!
Thanks for the info. My shifter pattern says P-N-D-1-2 so I guess its a 3 spd.

gatorbronco

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. My shifter pattern says P-N-D-1-2 so I guess its a 3 spd.
Dunno if i'm special or not, but when i pulled the carpet up in the back of my bronco I found the original inspection/spec sheet from the factory...it was pretty neat to look at and see every detail about the bronc.

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
yw

and ty gator for pointing that location out; also, some sheets sre under rear cargo mat/or carpet, depsneding on model trim level.

what the sheet looks like:

Build Sheet for an 86

Source: by Aikidoka (Adam O) at aikidokatech.com

have to go thru my back-up discs for some legends I have accumulated over da years and lost in the SuperMotors crash a few years ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula