WTB 78-79 swing away tire carrier tailgate latch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrlsful

Reaction score
I think we havea "For Sale" and a "Wanted to Buy" forums. Have U listed and checked there? Flee bay, the other appropreate places: broncos on line (must B ahundred)? Nota FSB guy but they do'em the same way:

U can use anything on the inside, just drill the holes - place/sz correctly. Back up w/bolts, lock-tite. 1/8th inch plate. Ever seen one? Might need bent some?
How bout aftr mrkt? Or do you want oem? Some are big'n funky but they do the job (expensive but durable). Good Luck w/yer search !

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hello, i am looking to buy the latch for the swing out tire carrier that mounts to the tailgate as well as the brace for the inside of the tailgate for a 78-79 bronco.
thank you.
If you can,nt find a bronco. I know the 82 Ford vans have them. They might be the same.

chrlsful

Reaction score
most the typical EB vendors have swing-a-way spare tire hanger parts. I don't think gen 2 is that different (from us) and so should suffice. Google's ur friend. BCB, Jeff's, WH, Duff, etc, etc...

May B even LMC (truck place on-line), rock auto? no probably not. U will find that owning an older vehicle is all abt prts sourcing, fab and mod to modern prts/safety/availability. Each of us hasa list of vendors (hopefully a mi long) and categorized by 'system' (some supply body prts, other engine, etc). U may want to start a desk top file. After 39 yrs (ownership) mine is pretty big ('82/'92 growth of the net). Just like my prts pile - I cant afford to throw anything away. An alt bracket heated, beat on, welded up some, redrilled becomes a PS pump bracket. 1 vendor dont godid? ask & referred to a 2nd who duz. Both names get saved~

rvkeyser

Reaction score
Hello, i am looking to buy the latch for the swing out tire carrier that mounts to the tailgate as well as the brace for the inside of the tailgate for a 78-79 bronco.
thank you.
If you find more than one please share. I too am looking for the swing out carrier latches and other carrier parts for my 79 Bronco

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke