who to send bronco to for restoration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Following, mostly for entertainment, but I'm wondering if there are any restoration places that would do a very light restoration on my '95 manual transmission XL 351 V8 to enhance sales, meaning to get it accepted on a better auction site due to relatively minor or cosmetic issues. Haven't submitted it, but just saw a similar but shined up and auto transmission vehicle sell for $32K on auction online. I'm in Southern California.

Runs beautifully, lots of random in-person cash offers in the past years, but I work at home so almost never drive it or anything, and am thinking about buying a van and converting it so I can travel work remotely while traveling without dealing much with COVID issues and the cost of hotels, Airbnb, etc. Tired of housing shortages in CA and miss my travel adventures. So, just thinking about fixing some minor dents from people who don't know how to drive in parking lots or who text while driving and run into my back bumper, replacing weatherproofing strips and headliner which just now started to sag in spots, and stuff like that. Runs great. Manual 351 V8. People call it "clean inside" but that's compared to other Broncos because I call things clean when they are spotless. Vinyl inside. Just need to fix seat covers where your bottom hits, mostly on the driver's side. Not sure it's smart or worth it to spend any money on it, but if I could get close to that after putting in maybe $5000 max, it would be worth it.

Or, I could just keep driving it (mostly not driving it as I work remotely and my son buys the groceries) for a while since it's paid for. Just seems like a good time to sell.
wELL CHECK YOUR PHONE BOOK IN yellow pages. Do they still send them out? I haven,t gotten one in along time. I have a friend. Who lives in Simi Vally. His son does that kind of work. I could give him a call and see about getting the information.

Popoagie6

Reaction score
wELL CHECK YOUR PHONE BOOK IN yellow pages. Do they still send them out? I haven,t gotten one in along time. I have a friend. Who lives in Simi Vally. His son does that kind of work. I could give him a call and see about getting the information.
That would be great. The alternative is for me to do things piecemeal, and I could do that. But, it would be interesting to talk with someone and see what it would cost to get several things done at once.

Where I live, there are a lot of affluent hobbyists who either want a junker to rebuild from the inside out or people who want something that has everything modern under the hood and they just want to make it pretty and luxurious so they can show it off.

My mechanic rebuilds vintage vehicles on the inside with modern machinery for his personal pleasure and to make good money from the retired hobbyists. He thinks that my Bronco is too much in the middle to be attractive to buyers. It runs well, cleans up well, isn't junkyard ready, etc but it could use some cosmetic touches and optional babying to do shine it up. It's nobody's nightmare but isn't showroom ready either. I think if I had the time and wanted to put some steady small bits of cash into it over time I would really enjoy doing it myself. But, I'd be learning everything from scratch and missing out on hikes and other adventures that are more my style since I have to rebuild my retirement incom after homeschooling my son solo and downsizing my career to do it for a munch of years. So, that's why I am leaning toward a light restoration to help it qualify for the nicer auctions. In my view, that would make it ready for Main Street as a respectable weekend car and something to putter with, you know things like putting in the latest sound system that would be appropriate, considering special hubcaps, etc. It's not perfect, but I get a lot of offers when I'm out and about. I'm just never out and about these days and now seems to be the time to sell. Thinking about getting a van to build out as a camper. Thinking Christmas would be a good time to sell if some special kind of woman wants to buy it for her husband, as if. Or maybe some women want it for themselves. I've loved my Bronco over the years. The places it has taken me and my son, wow. We've spent a lot of time in the mountains. I'm almost ruined for a regular car. Driving little cars make me feel like Stuart Little.

Popoagie6

Reaction score
I am thinking of bringing my 1990 eddie bauer bronco to a restoration company to take apart and restore my bronco. Any recommendations? I have some electrical issue, cut wires, etc and rust to be cut and fixed. I know you guys know all the players. I am located in Louisiana, but will ship it.
My mechanic is a real perfectionist and a lot of retired professionals with some money buy vintage vehicles and have him put modern machinery under the hood. He has his own projects too, and they are beautiful. I would trust him with any vehicle. He thinks mine is to much in the middle as he's used to taking junkers and turning them into unrecognizable masterpieces. Mine runs well and doesn't have any major problems. It's not filthy or decrepid but it could use a light restoration to begin to bring it back to it's prime, mostly minor cosmetic issues and just the kind of tinkering under the hood that a hobbyist loves to do to make it brag worthy. If you have more than that and/or you have money, you could call him and talk about it. He loves to talk about it, but he is also busy. I'm in CA. I'll send you his info if you want it. I don't know if he takes out of state vehicles that way, but he would probably know everyone around here who would do any part of it to make it a whole restoration. People respect him and his shop has been around for decades and is **** and span. He has a lot of knowledgeable customers as well as people like me who just go to him because he isn't going to mess up their vintage vehicle and can be trusted to do good work and tell the truth.

Popoagie6

Reaction score
I am thinking of bringing my 1990 eddie bauer bronco to a restoration company to take apart and restore my bronco. Any recommendations? I have some electrical issue, cut wires, etc and rust to be cut and fixed. I know you guys know all the players. I am located in Louisiana, but will ship it.
Hi, I don't have much personal expertise in terms of working on vehicles. I have owned a Bronco for nearly 20 years and have lived in Southern California for nearly 9 years. During that time, I became aware of RockyRoads, a high end restoration company specializing in first generation Broncos. They also restore newer classic Broncos and I just posted a link to one they restored and have for sale. Here's the link, but you might also want to follow my post as people who know more than I do about Broncos, restoration and possibly this outfit may enlightend you a long with me.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Hi, I don't have much personal expertise in terms of working on vehicles. I have owned a Bronco for nearly 20 years and have lived in Southern California for nearly 9 years. During that time, I became aware of RockyRoads, a high end restoration company specializing in first generation Broncos. They also restore newer classic Broncos and I just posted a link to one they restored and have for sale. Here's the link, but you might also want to follow my post as people who know more than I do about Broncos, restoration and possibly this outfit may enlightend you a long with me.

That is a sharp looking vehicles and someone put alot of work and money in it.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
That would be great. The alternative is for me to do things piecemeal, and I could do that. But, it would be interesting to talk with someone and see what it would cost to get several things done at once.

Where I live, there are a lot of affluent hobbyists who either want a junker to rebuild from the inside out or people who want something that has everything modern under the hood and they just want to make it pretty and luxurious so they can show it off.

My mechanic rebuilds vintage vehicles on the inside with modern machinery for his personal pleasure and to make good money from the retired hobbyists. He thinks that my Bronco is too much in the middle to be attractive to buyers. It runs well, cleans up well, isn't junkyard ready, etc but it could use some cosmetic touches and optional babying to do shine it up. It's nobody's nightmare but isn't showroom ready either. I think if I had the time and wanted to put some steady small bits of cash into it over time I would really enjoy doing it myself. But, I'd be learning everything from scratch and missing out on hikes and other adventures that are more my style since I have to rebuild my retirement incom after homeschooling my son solo and downsizing my career to do it for a munch of years. So, that's why I am leaning toward a light restoration to help it qualify for the nicer auctions. In my view, that would make it ready for Main Street as a respectable weekend car and something to putter with, you know things like putting in the latest sound system that would be appropriate, considering special hubcaps, etc. It's not perfect, but I get a lot of offers when I'm out and about. I'm just never out and about these days and now seems to be the time to sell. Thinking about getting a van to build out as a camper. Thinking Christmas would be a good time to sell if some special kind of woman wants to buy it for her husband, as if. Or maybe some women want it for themselves. I've loved my Bronco over the years. The places it has taken me and my son, wow. We've spent a lot of time in the mountains. I'm almost ruined for a regular car. Driving little cars make me feel like Stuart Little.
I,ll try and talk to Tim tonight. Him and I were in Viet Nam together. His son has the garage and is named after me. Tim.s business is across the road from LAX. He,s in the plane business.

chrlsful

Reaction score
what guys? not sure i am following.
"...ts on roadster u13..."
for the exclusive, the rich, the "it must B correct" crowd.

Many of us have had them for decades (B4 the price run up). We got them (I did) to do some wrk, earn an income. Choice centered on ease of doing the maintenence/repair work ourselves. A vehicle down means no income so quickly back in service is important. Bronk or EB duz it.

Y buy a junk, just to give it away to be repaired. Not into futzin around w/it urself? Y not just but a completed vehicle? I need ed-u-macation, plez~

Last edited:

johnnyreb

Reaction score
"...ts on roadster u13..."
for the exclusive, the rich, the "it must B correct" crowd.

Many of us have had them for decades (B4 the price run up). We got them (I did) to do some wrk, earn an income. Choice centered on ease of doing the maintenence/repair work ourselves. A vehicle down means no income so quickly back in service is important. Bronk or EB duz it.

Y buy a junk, just to give it away to be repaired. Not into futzin around w/it urself? Y not just but a completed vehicle? I need ed-u-macation, plez~
Well maybe Crish,he is tired of working on it . He doesn,t know how or like some people. He,d rather pay someone to do it and he doesn,t like to get his hands dirty. That is where some people who see it a chance to make some big buck. My sisters friend is like that. He,s too lazy and expects someone else to do it. We all see it. From now on--especially if they have a high paying job. Work on their stuff and charge them a big fee. Like they do people and they,ll see how it feels.

chrlsful

Reaction score
"...Well maybe Crish,he is tired of working on it . He doesn,t know how or like some people. He,d rather pay someone to do it and he doesn,t like to get his hands dirty...."
It's "Chad" (2nd time now) as seen in the sig. What UR lookin @ is actually something different than Crish but chr L sful (not Chris as U posted last X). Anyway~

Quoted above is helpful. I just don't think that way my reality is so very different. It must B a show piece or a rec vehicle, etc. Well, like Dolly'n Molly (our log skiddin 2 Percherons) we fancy up (go to fairs) w/polished hames'n buckles, etc. Lathered collar, leathers. The Bronk gets a spray down, chrome polish, etc'n go to the "truck shows"
or local "cars'n coffee" (actually @ nite so "burgs'n cars" is more correct). These rigs were made for work. That's 3, 4 two hr's events/yr, while it goes to wrk every day like me. No wrk, no income. They ona trust fund?

johnnyreb

Reaction score
"...Well maybe Crish,he is tired of working on it . He doesn,t know how or like some people. He,d rather pay someone to do it and he doesn,t like to get his hands dirty...."
It's "Chad" (2nd time now) as seen in the sig. What UR lookin @ is actually something different than Crish but chr L sful (not Chris as U posted last X). Anyway~

Quoted above is helpful. I just don't think that way my reality is so very different. It must B a show piece or a rec vehicle, etc. Well, like Dolly'n Molly (our log skiddin 2 Percherons) we fancy up (go to fairs) w/polished hames'n buckles, etc. Lathered collar, leathers. The Bronk gets a spray down, chrome polish, etc'n go to the "truck shows"
or local "cars'n coffee" (actually @ nite so "burgs'n cars" is more correct). These rigs were made for work. That's 3, 4 two hr's events/yr, while it goes to wrk every day like me. No wrk, no income. They ona trust fund?
Sorry about that Chad.

NotaVegetarian

Reaction score
Like the work of Kounts Kustoms in Las Vegas they sure ain’t cheap. They do complete frame off restorations, every nut, bolt, washer, every panel meticulously aligned, no sticker details all painted

Broncosandpartsgarage

Reaction score
We do mechanical work here in Detroit area. We just don’t do paint or badly work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danno