Where to buy steel spring wedges?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
I''ve been looking for awhile, trying to find a pair of steel 6-degree wedges to put under the front springs on my 84 Bronco with the Dana60 SAS. I can find the aluminum ones all day long, but I''d prefer steel ones so I can tack weld them to keep from slipping out, JSM84

Bronc76

Reaction score
JSM- have you tried jamesduff, they have them for dana 44 and 60, but i dont think they have what youre looking for.

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Yes, they do, but they want $50 for a pair = ouch! I'm thinking they are more like $15-$20, but don't recall where isaw them?

OP
OP
J

Justshootme84

Reaction score
I decided that i wasn't gonna pay $50 for a pair of wedges, so I was gonna make my own. My Uncle Franklin gets credit for the idea to use the ends of a Bronco rear leaf spring, since they're the right width and taper. I used a torch to cut off 4" from each end of one of the springs I had lying around, then cut a 3/4" hole in the middle of each piece with the torch. Dropped them under the front leaf springs (Dana60 SAS), and bolted down the u-bolts. These seem to work, and solved the binding problem on my front driveshaft, JSM84

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23