Wheel/Tire Size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NeedSoftTop79Bronco

Reaction score
I Just joined and am starting to customize a 1979 Bronco. I want to put some 15' wheels w/ 33' tires on a stock height '79 Bronco w/ stock 351 motor. Will they fit? Will it cause any problems steering or hwy speed? Any advantages to another wheel size or combo? I am considering a small lift, but don't want to get too crazy and want to achieve a good look and a very small off road/snow performance enhancement. Thanks for the help!

P.S. I also need a snap on soft top if anyone has any leads. I'm located in Maryland.

Foul Al

Reaction score
I Just joined and am starting to customize a 1979 Bronco. I want to put some 15' wheels w/ 33' tires on a stock height '79 Bronco w/ stock 351 motor. Will they fit? Will it cause any problems steering or hwy speed? Any advantages to another wheel size or combo? I am considering a small lift, but don't want to get too crazy and want to achieve a good look and a very small off road/snow performance enhancement. Thanks for the help!

P.S. I also need a snap on soft top if anyone has any leads. I'm located in Maryland.
Hey bud, welcome to the zone!

I have done this same upgrade and I didnt have any problems with turn radius or ride/steering issues. If you go any bugger you might consider a lift for your bronco. what are your plans for this beauty of a bronco? I have found that all plans for the future of my rigs dictate what and how I spend my $$ on it. just keep that in mind while your spending bucks that you might be better off spending elsewhere for future projects on your rig. good luck bud! let us know where your from as we can possibly help you better with your endeavors.

OP
OP
N

NeedSoftTop79Bronco

Reaction score
I am in the Towson, MD area...I plan on doing black wheels, orange paint, black interior w/ orange stitching. Other than that, no plans yet! Thanks for the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gryph