Wheel bearings keep working loose

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight Pabst

Reaction score
Hi I'm new here and am looking for some insight to my problem, so I have a 96 bronco and the driver side wheel bearings keep backing off. I've replaced them 4 times now and no matter how many times I repack the bearings and re tighen them they keep backing off on me and I'm at a loss as to why they are can anyone help me

OP
OP
M

Midnight Pabst

Reaction score
I'm getting the inner nut snug and the outer nut right, they will be fine for a few months and then be loose again

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I'm getting the inner nut snug and the outer nut right, they will be fine for a few months and then be loose again
Maybe its the taps that are bad. Some are made to where you can only tighten them down one time. I had the same problem one time.Working on the vales in my Chevy. I asked a friend about it and he said he didn,t know why,but the way to solve it is buy new taps. I put new ones on it and they never came loose again. You might want to try that. Get some NEW TAPS and see if that helps. Hope it does.Let us know .Thanks

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom