What size power valves are everyone using on 351W High Output 4V 4180C carburetors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Like the title says... what size power valves are you using in your 4180C E4TE-9510-ARA LIST-50174 Carburetors?

I'd like to get a range of what's being used.

Thanks!

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, You are doing custom tuning apparently?

I just throw in whatever was in the kit, or whatever matched what I took out. I remember reading about power valves and thought yeah, you could really fine tune an engine that way, but then never took the time to play with them.

Even a poorly sized power valve is better than one stuck, or with a bad diaphragm.

But it sounds like you are 10 levels beyond that trying to get better performance.

Holley makes alternates for just about every part. I have screwed around with jets, squirters, and accelerator pump cams. Never played with power valve.

First it's important to understand what a power valve does. A power valve does not
affect fuel mixture at idle, unless something is wrong. It also does not affect fuel
mixture at WOT, unless something is wrong.

What a power valve does, is control the -timing- of the fuel enrichment. That's all.
The actual -amount- of enrichment is controlled by the power valve channel restriction
orifices.

Some good reading here.
http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthread.php?161572-4180-baseline-jetting

Attachments

• Holley power valve chart 001.jpg
    Holley power valve chart 001.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member