What Do I Need For A Tune Up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brian

Reaction score
I need to do a tune up. What about a filter for the air pump? Any other things to change besides plugs, wires, cap/rotor,PCV valve/breather, air filter.Bronco has 150,000 on it and has been sitting for two years.PS It runs great! Thanks Brian

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Fuel filter, serpentine belt and radiator hoses should be changed, too. I don't know if the A.I.R. pump even has a filter?

Justshootme84

Reaction score
Depends on the year model. The later (94-96) Broncos might have two O2 sensors but the earlier models may only have one. Something else I thought of that gives lots of fits. The IAC and TPS. Check'em or replace, cause they will affect the idle speed. If it's been sitting for two years, some of the vacuum hoses may also be bad, so check for any leaks after it's started.

OP
OP
B

Brian

Reaction score
I think I cleaned the IAC with carb cleaner,if it's right by the butterflys. What is the TBS? And how do I clean it. I read a post about rolling idle, thats how I knew to clean the IAC. Thanks Brian

Justshootme84

Reaction score
IAC=Idle Air Control valve. If you cleaned it then you should be fine.

TPS=Throttle Position Sensor. You should check the voltage for it. If it is not working right, you will have a surging idle/RPM's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23