Water Water Everywhere

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbrown198

Reaction score
Every morning when I get in my ride everything is covered in dew... and if it rains the carpet gets soaked... which then mildews and smells like butt. So am planing on ripping out the carpet and replacing it will rubber or something. Any suggestions on how to stop the leaking and what to do with the floor covering?

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Where's the leak coming from? Is it the front windshield? Cracks or gaps behind the rain gutters? Or a leaky seal on the hardtop? It's a good idea to pull up the carpet, and see if you have much rust in the floor pan. A good coating of Herculiner is fine if you don't want the carpet.

BigNasty

SquirrelBait
Reaction score
Changing to new weather stripping is the best way to solve many leaks. Several places should have the right stuff for you, such as the bronco graveyard, lmctrucks..

The cheap fix is to run a bead of silicone around the leaky area and spread it in by the finger method :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and fix it later, if at all.

If it is the windshield that is leaking, a flowable silicone made just for windshields actually works great.

4xfan78

Reaction score
As far as the carpet, I would take it all out and have the inside rino lined "smooth". It looks great and if the inside gets muddy or just dirty all it takes is a water hose to clean it. I did it to my 79 and I love it.

SMS ford bronco

Reaction score
man i had the same problem i had a rack on my hard top and took it off so it leaked like **** so what i did is i had it rino lined on the underneath the top it looks great and dosnt leak nomore :)

Pictures_of_stuff_005.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula