Update and questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bloodwulf

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to give an update on the ol 75. IVe got the motor completely out and torn apart. Just waiting on a little $$$ before taking it to a machine shop for hot tanking, surfacing, boring, re-plugging, and re-bearing(ing?) lol!! Finally got some "working on it" tires too. Just some little jobbers to keep the rims off the ground while I push it in and out doin stuff. Im starting to pull the front suspension/steering components for cleaning, bushing replacement, and a good ol POR15 treatment.

Now, to the questions: How does the hood prop rod secure when the hood is down? I dont have anywhere to secure mine and it winds up catching on the striker/safety hook when I open the hood. Anyone have any good pics or know where I can get some parts?

How hard is it to change a dana 20 from a single stick to a 2 stick? the more I think about the 2 stick setup, the more I think I like it. I know theres kits out there, just curious how difficult they are to install.

I know Ive got more questions but its late and I didnt write them down... darn old memory. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
GREAT..!

I'm gealous, wish I had another to work on. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The rod lays down between the rad. & the rad. support panel. The "L" end slips thru a hole in the support panel, in front of the battery pointing forward.

On the other (driver) side there should be a "catch" to clip it to.

I've not done a switch to twin stick but as I see/hear, it's quite easy. If I had a sloppy "J" shift, I would definitely go twin.

It req. cutting the tab on one (maybe both.?) of the two shift rods, to allow the pins from ea. shift handle to work ea. shift rod seperate.

OP
OP
Bloodwulf

Bloodwulf

Reaction score
ok, Its connected on the correct end, but mine is situated in front of the support. The L end goes in the front of the support and has a cotter pin on the back side holding it together.

photo 6.JPG

Also, my rod is U shaped. Meaning that both ends point in the same direction, 90 deg from the rod itself. If I turn in around on the support like you described, there isnt a hole on the hood to insert the rod into.

photo 7.JPGphoto 8.JPG

Should the rod be S shaped with the ends facing opposite sides of the rod?

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
According to the book.., yours is correct. Apparently they were changed over the yrs. & to clear the V-8 rad. brackets. i.e. mounted in front.

However..., I don't recall what's missing that holds it still. :unsure:

OP
OP
Bloodwulf

Bloodwulf

Reaction score
Ive been lookin on the interwebz and havent seen anything helpful. So, since nothing says the rod has to be straight, I think im gonna get creative! Ill put a couple bends in it before the hood latch area and make it run along the top of the support. Ill have to get even more creative to figure out a way to secure it tho. If I figure out something cool, Ill post pics.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Keep in mind that hood is horribly "heavy"

Can't believe someone with a V/8 hasn't chimed in with a pic. :blink:

Seems those hardware store spring steel clips (like you hang tools on a wall with) would work right where it lays now.

BTW I switched (long a go) to gas shocks to hold my hood up. Never trusted that rod & it was always in the way.

mikeiam82

Reaction score
mine is all pulled apart but later when i get home from work ill have a look to see if there is a catch in my bolt bucket or still on the parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23