TX Ranch Wheelin; 13 Jan 2008

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Back in November, I installed a 6" lift and 35" tires on my "Beast". I still have a lot more plans for it but I couldn't wait any longer and went wheelin with a local club I belong to here in Killeen. One of the members' father in law owns some land near Buckholts, TX and is nice enough to let us wheel there a few times a year. Unfortunatley, we may not get to do this to many more times since construction is about to begin on a dam that will flood much of the area we were in today. :((

Anyhow, we had a great time and even with stock gears and open differentials, I was able to negotiate most of the trails. Except a few places where it was simply impossible to squeeze the Bronco between the trees. (as with most 4x4 clubs, most of the guys drive jeeps)

For once, I got more video than photographs. Here are a few of the photos...

dscn0717.jpg

dscn0720.jpg

dscn0723.jpg

My buddy Dwight's stock '95 Bronco...

dscn0725.jpg

Here are thumbnails for videos from today, click them to view. WARNING-some of the files are 10 megabytes!

My Bronco...

600575.jpg 600576.jpg 600592.jpg

Here are some of the other rigs...

600577.jpg 600578.jpg 600580.jpg 600589.jpg 600593.jpg

Justshootme84

Rest in Peace Friend! Never forgotten..
Reaction score
Outstanding!!! Driver skill can often compensate for those open diffs. Cool videos, too. I've read about that location on the Austin-area forums. I used to work around Buckholts, and there was a joint that had the best hamburgers in texas (think they're closed down now). JSM84

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Reaction score
Outstanding!!! Driver skill can often compensate for those open diffs. Cool videos, too. I've read about that location on the Austin-area forums. I used to work around Buckholts, and there was a joint that had the best hamburgers in texas (think they're closed down now). JSM84
It's got some great spots. There were people from two clubs there; Jeeperz and Killeen/Ft Hood Chapter of TXFWD.org. Obviously I was there with KFHTX but a lot of our members are also with jeeperz. It's a really nice spot to camp/wheel. Too bad it will probably be gone soon.

BabyBronc

Reaction score
mmm.. . . muddy **** bronco, that is how I like 'em. Kudos on freeing the beast. . . I'm totally jealous

ElateDah73

Reaction score
We plan on going. There was a great turnout last year. It was attended by several vendors and the raffle was pretty good................................

........Oh, and the wheelin aint bad either.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23