Ttb 8" Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash

Reaction score
Great Site! I just bought my fiance a 94 Fullsize bronco. The straight axle conversion is too expensive at this time, so I am thinking about a 8" skyjacker with a 2" body. I can afford that lift setup and was planning to put 39.5x18x15 boggers on it. This is for my woman and it wont be wheeled very hard if at all. She works about 3 miles away and probly wont drive it every day. The gears are going to be 488's or the next one up to compinsate for the small block 302 up here at 6000ft. Thanks for any help in advance. :)>-

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
Your TTB's not going to like anything bigger than 35-6" tires, neither is the 8.8. Are 39s really necessary for a daily driver?

OP
OP
C

crash

Reaction score
Dave you make some cool stuff.. I just went and talked to the guys up here at 4wheel parts , they pretty much told me I would be crazy to do the TTB. I went to a junk yard from there and found a front end off a 79 and the guy wants 55.00 for it ......I just about hit the ground, so I guess I will do the solid front axle. Dave do you have the bracket for that arm that goes accross the top of the dana44? I need one at this point. :)>-

letrain

Reaction score
Crash- go to www.broncograveyard.com they have a kit with everything you need to do this! the axle is one of the most expensive parts, lucky you for 50, look into other options, i am planning the same thing with my rig, but i'm looking into cheap ways, and of course the stock axles won't handle 39's, unless you get lower gears, but you'll lost lots of gas mileage, thats why i'm considering a front axle swap out to a f350 front axle, the back moves right in no problem, but the front is a difficult, me and my friend are looking into it now.

azrockrat

Reaction score
well the front d-44 will chew up bearings like there is no tomorrow trust me on this i have a buddy that can prove this.. :))

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
the stock TTB on 39.5 boggers. no way will they hold. a bogger of any size will find/show you your weak links real fast. I learned this with my 35-14.50 boggers on my 79. now other M/T's feel like A/T's. most if lucky get 18K of street life from a bogger. why i trailer mine with boggers or put my A/T's on. you'll sound like quad low flyin B-57 bombers on the road. which i love the hum of tires so don't bother me. If quite a bit of street miles i'd check into a good belted TSL for better road manners and street life.

do a search for SAS you'll see how close you are, which is over half way since you found the solid D44.

commrad

Reaction score
I run 33-14-15 boggers on my 89 F-150 all most 500 miles on em and they show signs of wear (locked axles :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) First off, your lady will most likely HATE the boggers, they are bias ply and a 3 mile ride, they will NOT get the flat spots from the night before out before she gets to work ( my 33's give me about a 2" rise fall for about 1 1/2 miles in 50 deg weather, worse and longer in colder temps) that much lift and that large of a tire, expect your mule to feel like it bucking for a few miles, it's going to make you think it's going to turn over most likey if you get over 45 or so till they round back out. My suggestion (which is worth very little), a 6" X 3" lift with 38" TSL's my friend runs it and it looks good and works good. If you go more than 6" your going to have to lover the engine and trans or replace u joints all the time and if your lady is like mine, a broke drive shaft is going to turn into a broken t case, rearend chunk and god knows what else.