Transfer case made brass bushing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnyreb

Reaction score
I couldn,t find any brass bushing for the transfer case shifter bushing. Plus wasn,t about to pay about $25 for the nylon ones plus shipping. I made my own .They turned out pretty good. Now I,ll grease the parts and bolt it up. I will be useing R-pins instead of the regular cotter pins. Reason--they are easier to pull out. You have one side to pull. Where cotter you have to get the ends smashed together ,Then pull and in a hard place to work in.Its hard.Hear is pictures of the brass bushing installed.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Brass bushing inserted in transfer case shifter . That bolts to the side of 4 speed transmission on 78 bronco

Attachments

• brass bushing inside transfer case shifter housing-Big bolt goes through it and bolts to trans...jpg
    brass bushing inside transfer case shifter housing-Big bolt goes through it and bolts to trans...jpg
    145 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
R-pins that I bought at Harbor Freight for about $6

Attachments

• R-pin will replace cotter pin.jpg
    R-pin will replace cotter pin.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
It fits nice. It took a good while to make. I had plenty of time to do it and fits really nice with no slack in it. Now I,ll try and make a pin for it. Where it goes into the rod .That works in and out the transfer case.

Attachments

• made brass bushing out of brass pipe.jpg
    made brass bushing out of brass pipe.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 1
  • pin that holds the transfer case shifter. To the rod that works the transfer case..jpg
    pin that holds the transfer case shifter. To the rod that works the transfer case..jpg
    182 KB · Views: 1
OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
The pin at the right. Is what holds the shifter to the rod that works the transfer case. I will be making me one. Can,nt see paying $30 for it. Rediculious.

OP
OP
J

johnnyreb

Reaction score
Tools I used to make the bushing . The most it took a good bit of filing and try the fit.

Attachments

• tools to do the job to make the brass bushing.jpg
    tools to do the job to make the brass bushing.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke