Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69Lover

Reaction score
I have worked for a couple years now at this restoration of the 69. I would like to put a good quality stereo system into the vehicle. I would like it to have bluetooth capability. I am not a guru in this field and there are so many choices. I am not concerned about keeping it original as most of this truck has been upgraded in some way. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks!

Motech

Reaction score
Are you concerned about security?
About the elements?
Does it need to be durable and waterproof?

OP
OP

69Lover

Reaction score
Not overly concerned with water or the elements. Security is a thought. Other than the Bluetooth capability, I am more looking for a quality sound more than anything.

Motech

Reaction score
My favorite customer bought the RetroSound Huntington stereo that Wild Horses sells. It looks very cool, is a sweet fit and the sound quality really surprised me.

1669984955674.png

Clicky

Crutchfield sells the same units, click here.

1669985106623.png

I'm into big sounds in my cages, and recently acquired a 71 F100 in need of good tunes. I liked the direct fit and awesome sound quality of the RetroSound unit, but again... Volume who-war here with debilitating tinnitus that is best treated with painfully loud-n-clear angry rock with a crystaline punch you can feel thumping right down deep in your taint, I need more.

Click here to see this unit from ClassicCarStereos that has my interest really piqued:

1669986810798.png

The 1968-1972 Ford Pick Up Truck USA-740 radio has a digital tuner like virtually all radios today so you don't need to worry about the station bouncing due to vibrations or bumps in the road. For the AUX inputs, there are two. There is a 3.5mm stereo jack in the lower right hand corner of the radio face and there is an RCA AUX input on the back of the radio. Like the USA-630, the USA-740 has a USB port on the back of the radio. The USB port will play songs off of a thumb drive and will charge your devices, but the USB port does not support audio playback from your devices.
The USA-740 puts out 300 watts of peak power to 4 channels. This is the same output as the USA-630 and the Slidebar radio, and more power than the USA-230. If you want truly amazing sound, add an amplifier. If you want the best sound quality without an amplifier, this is the way to go.

But wait, there's more!

They offer this unit in a kit that includes all you see here, with an additional 400 watts/4 channel amp to compliment the tuner's 300 watt, 4-channel output in a drop-in, plug & play, hear my a.s.s a-comin' setup customized for Gen 1 Bronco and my F100. (different stereo shown)

1669987185920.png

I think that'll do pig.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22