Subwoofer Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
Which would be louder and punch harder; 1 12' sub or 2 10' subs?
18237[/snapback]

2 10"s are hard to beat. I have 2 10" Kicker comp's. they hit hard. I've moved quite a few ppl from 12's to 10's after hearing mine.

OP
OP
B

BroncoForever

Reaction score
That's good to know. I have another question now. Are Pioneer Premier 10" subs any good? I found a great deal at a local car audio shop which consisted of 2 Pioneer Premier 10s in a ported box and an amp for $350. I don't remember what brand the amp was though.

lv2xler8

Reaction score
2 10"-s will hiit a lot harder than 1 12"...the Bass will also be alot tighter as a good rule the larger the cone area the sloppier the Bass the smaller the cone the more responsive and tight the Bass will be....you can check out the system in my 01' focus

on sound domain.... http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/156327 .... :)>-

Txquadhunter

Reaction score
That's good to know. I have another question now. Are Pioneer Premier 10" subs any good? I found a great deal at a local car audio shop which consisted of 2 Pioneer Premier 10s in a ported box and an amp for $350. I don't remember what brand the amp was though.
18243[/snapback]

A friend of mine had the Pioneer's you listed. They ain't bad subs. I was looking right at $350 for my Kickers before boxes. (w/out discount) $150 for my pair andd boxes on discount.

Most paired subs, boxes and amp are pretuned for great sound. If these are done the same you can't go wrong for $350. see if the shop will hook them up as a demo for you to hear. Cause shops here will do that.

A good head unit will also make beter sound. moving from my sony to a KDC Kenwood made a world of diffirence on sound. Wish I'd went with the alpine unit instead. But price I gave for complete system I'm happy

lv2xler8

Reaction score
I agree w/txquad.....make sure you listen to the setup before you buy and check on istallation.. for best sound make sure you use a head unit with a 4 volt output that gives the amplifier the strongest signal possable. I'm useing a pioneer premeir unit and had great luck with it so far..* knock on wood *

:)>-

stevenschi

Reaction score
not to cause an argument, but i have an 87 5.0 that i have run various arrangements of subs in over the last ten years. from my experience, and my mirrors, 2 12's are the way to go. the box is basically the width of your backseat, but the bass fills up the cab. you just have to make sure you have enough power feeding it, quality wire, and a high-quality crossover to pinpoint the frequencies you want is a must. from kicker comps to pioneer's to rockford-fosgate's. the design of the box matters most-i can find some specs if you want for a ported box.

kelly

Reaction score
want to hear something crazy? i have one 9 inch woofer thats hooked to a sony 235 amp. i have the bass turned down to 1 or 2 on my head unit and the fade towards the front a little and it still hurts.

its mounted in a 10 inch box thats no bigger than 12x12 with long enough wires that i can move it around. i screwed the amp to the back of the box so i don't lose any cargo space.

the speakers in my truck are all bose. 3 inch in the doors, 6 inch in the midpanel behind the front seats. right where the stock ones went. the woofer just sits in back. i have no idea how much these speakers cost because i salvaged them out of a 2005 acura. i got the alpine head unit and amp out of another car. it was a good day to be a scrounge.

the woofer itself is no more than 2 inches deep at its thickest point and it hits hard. i couldn't hardly believe it. i don't have anything against other brands of speakers but if you have the cash bose is the way to go.

lv2xler8

Reaction score
That's a nice setup broncoheaven... :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love my solo's annd I agree 2 subs are far

more efficient and versatile than a single but basicially it comes down 2 is ...how loud?

how deep? and most of ALL how much do you wanna spend! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat