steering wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Foul Al

Reaction score
hello again my friends, i have a new quandry with my 79 bronco. My baby shakes something fierce while driving around 70 mph. it will go away between 70 and 75 but then returns with avengance! i have 6 new shocks all around ( and a new stabilizer ), new wheel bearings and i rebuilt the hubs. (4x4 is in great working order) has anyone had this same issue? if so, what did you do to fix this? i don't want to just start replacing stuff when it doesn't need to be bothered with yet. the best description i can come up with is the whole truck onjilates ( good word!) as if both front wheels are fighting to go thier own opposite way. my balance on the wheels is almost 10 months old but i'm wearing absolutley even. any help or hints are always appreciated. thanks folks, Foul Al.

Bronc76

Reaction score
You may want to check to see if there is worn suspension components such as tie rods or check the bearings for play. How's the tire pressure? May want to have tires rebalanced or have front end alignment checked out.

muddrivermike

Reaction score
In addition to checking the tie rods,Did you check your track bar bushings,The bar that goes from the pass side of the axle to the drivers side of the frame?If those bushings are bad it will cause the front axle to shift side to side causing a wobble.Just get someone in the truck and move the steering wheel back and forth and see if any of those 2 bushings are bad while you look underneath.