Starter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluryeyes

Reaction score
The starter crapped out on me Sunday. I understand that I can change out the starter on my 84 F150 with the 90 Bronc 5.8L. I'm going to try it. Does anyone think it won't work? :unsure:

sweepersrgr8

"GET ER DONE"
Reaction score
Yeah.. I'm w/GUNNER . The 351 has more teeth on the flywheel than the 302. Interchanging these starters MAY work for a little while, but will TRASH your flywheel.

Gunner

Reaction score
a starter isnt tht much money as long as you bring the old one back for rebuild. i really dont see it costing more than $50 at Auto Zone.

zakcode

Reaction score
man i waited too long to replace a starter that was hanging up and it grenaded on me.i got a bunch of funny looks while i was in the wal-mart parkng lot putting a new starter in. when i got it home i pulled it out so i could find the gear and bearings and a misc. parts. i took a very strong magnet and drug all the parts from the inside of the bell housing up to the starter hole. i got a few small pieces out of the bottom through the inspection plate. never had a starter do that before and i didnt want to drop my tranny to get to all the parts so i went to harbor freight and spent 2.99 on a #250 rated magnet to get through the aluinum bellhousing.it worked for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigd1948