Spark/Fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burns

Reaction score
Few days ago my truck stalled sitting at a light. Was running just fine, sudden shudder, then nothing. Cranks but no start. I don't hear the fuel pump whine, so I'm figuring the pump. But there's no spark either. New coil, cap/rotor (old one's were thrashed anyway) and still nothing. Now, there's a list of possible causes but I don't know where to begin testing or don't have a ton of money to be replacing a ton of parts. Cam/crank sensors (if applicable) pickup on the distributor, ignition module (if that's differant than the dist pickup), computer, or the nonfactory aftermarket alarm/remote starter.

Any info would be awesome here, I'm just about totally lost. @-)

bobstrat

Reaction score
i'd guess ignition module.

though i am a little curious as to why no fuel pump noise. are you sure about that? mine will only whine for a moment until i actually start the motor. if you need an extra pair of hands and half a brain, you're not too far from me, i'd be happy to help you out if i can.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnK