Soft Top for sale on Ebay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jersey

Reaction score
For those guys looking for a "safari style" soft top, here is one on ebay. Looks to be in pretty good shape, but this guy is expecting to get top dollar. $600 starting bid, $1000 buy-it-now. I paid around $650 for mine brand new but I have seen quite a few bring the price he's trying to get over the past year.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...em=330208446914
I definately want to get a soft top for summer time, but I hate the idea of screwing snaps into the body.

Tennessee Jed

Reaction score
I definately want to get a soft top for summer time, but I hate the idea of screwing snaps into the body.
You don't actually ***** the snaps into the body. You ***** the trim into the body under where the hard top normally mounts, the trim holds the snaps. I bought an old bronco shell and cut it up and used that to mount the screws to, also I can use the inside trim for a nice finished look inside. You could do something like it, pretty straight forward.

Link to thread with photos

OP
OP
R

Roadkill

Reaction score
Jed's project turned out excellent. And the write-up was top shelf too.

Even if you don't want to buy and cut up a second hard top, the snaps are not actually screwed into the body. The are attached to the aluminum frame work of the soft top. The side rails are screwed to the existing holes for mounting the hard top. You do have to drill some holes to mount the front rail, but they are covered by the hard top if you put it back on. I only use my soft top in the summer time, and in the winter, the holes on the back of the cab are invisible because they are covered by the hard top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jersey

Reaction score
Thats good to know. I'm no sure I needed another excuse to spend more money, but I would have eventually anyway!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23