Smog pump help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrentBronco1987

Reaction score
I put long tube headers on my 87 bronco and got rid of the egr and most of the un used vacuum. Which also includes the smog pump. Can I leave it with the belt on it or do I need to bypass it?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
You can leave it with the belt on. Does it still have the intake filtered or baffled?

With the intake hose removed they tend to **** in a bunch of dirt and then lock up. So leaving the pump in place is a short term solution.

Start looking for a shorter belt.

OP
OP
B

BrentBronco1987

Reaction score
You can leave it with the belt on. Does it still have the intake filtered or baffled?

With the intake hose removed they tend to **** in a bunch of dirt and then lock up. So leaving the pump in place is a short term solution.

Start looking for a shorter belt.
So the intake hose will run from the smog pump to where? I removed the egr, plugged off one port in the back of the block and capped off another and removed the pipes. Was it one of those?

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
I believe the intake ran up and onto the passenger side fender well. Like a 1" hose, had a round metal can on the end as a filter or baffle. Then nothing on the outside of that. Just kind of an open hole.

Walter C.

Reaction score
I put long tube headers on my 87 bronco and got rid of the egr and most of the un used vacuum. Which also includes the smog pump. Can I leave it with the belt on it or do I need to bypass it?
Mine locked up last year on my 92 so I gutted it on the side of the road works good.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke