Shock Recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil76

Reaction score
Well,

We've got the replacement mounts welded to the frame and are getting ready to complete Rust Guarding the whole thing. The next step will be to put the axles back up underneath the frame and attach the radius arms, and springs. This thing should end up with a mild 2 1/2" lift when it's done. Does anybody have a recommendation for shocks which aren't going to break the bank, but give a fairly good ride? I've not found any specifically for the lift range I'm looking at. Have found stock height or 4.5" +. Contemplating Bilstein 5100 series. If somebody has something lying around in good condition which would work, I might be willing to buy them, or trade. Thanks. I'll post pics once we have it rolling again.

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
How funny..,

There's no answer to this... it's like a Ford, Chev., Dodge argument.... or best tire, or carb., or eng., etc.

I had Gabriels (Monroe) on my rig for many yrs. The prev. owner had them installed & used for yrs., & yrs. I could out-run everybody here in this cobblestone desert....while drink'n a cup of coffee..!

I changed them when I did the (2.5) lift...& only for that reason. My rig rides the same now as it did then. I don't even know what brand shocks "TOMS BR PARTS" sent me...

-----(OOPS) I still have 2 of the Gabriels up front, as I have dual shocks...& was able to re-locate them in diff. holes & they're still working fine.

Having said that.., you should go with a quality a step or 2 above OEM no matter what brand you choose. There's several sources for 2.5 lift shocks...every EB store has them.

China Zone has them.... B)

Last edited by a moderator:

AdamDude04

Reaction score
I have monroe reflex shocks. I like em a lot. A loaded down bronco doing 75mph down a mountain on a decently sharp curve and it stayed in lane with ease. Before I was doing 65 and bronco kept wanting to go straight with my worn out something or another shocks...

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I have got duff 12 inch in the rear and rancho 10 in the front dont know any thing I just keep bouncing off the rocks and replace when they are bad or dont fit my current mods! Sorry

BBB

Amarillo

Reaction score
I'm still rockin 5100's on 2 of my later model trucks and LOVE them. If you buy new, look for a buy 3 get one free deal online.

bigbluebronc

Reaction score
I'm still rockin 5100's on 2 of my later model trucks and LOVE them. If you buy new, look for a buy 3 get one free deal online.
Kwel I am using 13 inch extention monroes on the yota and am they are still just bumpstops with leave springs. I was wondering, you spent alot of cash but did not go with ARBs in the diffs, unlocking the front is a great mod if its a real wheeler? Is it all for show???? When I ran 31 spline rear shafts I broke them all the time finally had too go 35 spline with 38 swamper tsl radials..??

BWT

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sgariffo