Second Time Around

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CB73

Reaction score
Picked up a 73 with a 302 and three on the tree last year. It had been sitting for 15 years but next week I'll pull the engine, transmission and transfer case and start piecing her back together again. Hopefully I'll get her going again by the end of summer.

Attachments

• 73 Bronco.jpg
    73 Bronco.jpg
    517.6 KB · Views: 4
OP
OP
C

CB73

Reaction score
Second time around as a Bronco owner. I had a white 1990 5.0 back in 1997. A friend had the 1973 sitting in his yard and he didn't want it anymore. Apparently, he paid someone a lot of money to paint it and they did a terrible job. He was really upset about the whole situation and then a tree fell on the roof not to soon after that. So he parked it, walked away from it and just complained about it for the next 15 years. I told him I'd take it and he sold it. There's a little surface rust on it and I managed to get am inexpensive cap for it but that's about it.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
C

CB73

Reaction score
Yo CB73,
Now I see the roof condition.
Good fortune with it!

Is the 73 a daily driver?
No. It might be a daily in the summer. I just pulled the engine out of it on Monday and I'll have it rebuilt. It's got a little way to go before it's running again. I'm hoping by the end of September it'll be going again.

Attachments

• IMG-5066.jpg
    IMG-5066.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 2

johnnyreb

Reaction score
No. It might be a daily in the summer. I just pulled the engine out of it on Monday and I'll have it rebuilt. It's got a little way to go before it's running again. I'm hoping by the end of September it'll be going again.
Well its a good looking vehicle. ALOT LESS work then I have ahead of me. I,m working on 2-78,s and seems everytime I go to do one thing--I spot something that needs done too. I came along ways on one. I,m sure you have a garage to work in and that helps alot. Take care--be careful and keep us posted about your progress.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
msgsnprtom