Roof Rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bebop Man

Reaction score
Mounted the roof rack toady. I still need to wire the rear utility lights, but everything else is done. I even de-chromed all the trim (grill bezels, window trim, mirrors, door handles, etc.) and painted them flat black. It looks pretty mean now. The rock sliders and rear bumper are my next welding projects, but I really want to get the fender flares and larger tires, just to see the final build.

Photo0031.jpg

Photo0032.jpg

Photo0033.jpg

Photo0034.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0036.jpg

Photo0037.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

Elmo

Reaction score
Bebop how did you do the inside portion of the mounts for the roof rack ? do you think it will handel using the rack to lift the top off ?

OP
OP
B

Bebop Man

Reaction score
Bebop how did you do the inside portion of the mounts for the roof rack ? do you think it will handel using the rack to lift the top off ?
There's a 2x4 pad on the bottom of each of the legs, with another 2x4 pad used as a backing plate on the inside of the roof. Some gasket material (I used pieces off an old mud flap) and 1/4" bolts secure it together..

I've had 200 lbs loaded on the my rack before, and there was no issue. I'd be concerned about lifting just because of the balance of my layout. If my rack was wider, and the legs attached to the roof on the outer edge, near the window, then I think it'd take the load just fine.. The drip rail over the doors? Extend that line straight back over rear windows, and I think you'd have a good mounting setup.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tsebalj