Rocky Mountain Sportsman Special - 1970

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

70bronco1956

Reaction score
I have a 1970 Bronco that had "Rocky Mountain Sportman Special" name plates on the front fenders. Does anyone have information about this? What special accessories did it have? This one did have a roll bar and a dual fuel (propane) set up on it.

John

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi John.., welcome..!

Many dealerships put special badging on their vehicles so as to increase sales.

They usually installed a dealer add-on or two. Quite often, it's tire & wheel up-grades.

You'd have to contact the Ford dealers in your area to see if anyone remembers that badging/add-ons.

Doubt it was rollbars & propane but anything is possible. :unsure:

OP
OP

70bronco1956

Reaction score
Thanks, This Bronco was bought in Denver and I called a couple of dealers there and no one knew about this special. I'll have to keep looking.

John

Seabee1966/1994

Reaction score
I have a 1970 Bronco that had "Rocky Mountain Sportman Special" name plates on the front fenders. Does anyone have information about this? What special accessories did it have? This one did have a roll bar and a dual fuel (propane) set up on it.

John
A guy on 'Bring a trailer' just sold a 1968 w/those emblems and nobody seems to know either, including Todd Z that wrote the Bronco book. Although he says it is a real add on, but does not know by what dealer or what add ons to the Bronco, maybe gun racks, or fishing pole racks.

Tiha

Staff member
Reaction score
No pictures?

Wasn't the camper add on called something like that?

chrlsful

Reaction score
I wuz thinkin (since where applied) It wuz just some camp company and the place used it for their business. I'd hafta hear more bout the "...name plates on the front fenders..." to tell.
Ppl DO talk bout rolling deals thru the front range or other places (like said w/tires and roof racks, etc) attempting to move dying sales/over stocks, etc.

matasoj

Reaction score

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke