Rocker panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xltsportfun

Reaction score
I'm back, have a few questions about replacing rocker panels.

1. I have both the slip on and the inner rocker panels for the drivers side, trying to cut out the old one does anybody know where to cut the front part at under the door pillar, im trying to leave as much of the metal around it as possible.

2. Is the same but for the rear portion of the rocker panel at the b pillar

Ive already cut the middle section out trying to just patch in a piece but decided to cut out the hole panel due to discovering that under the door post was no better than the part originally planned on cutting and patching.

20200430_160741.jpg

miesk5

96 Bronco 5.0
Staff member
Reaction score
Yo,
Bmad wrote elsewhere, "The rust you have at the bottom of the doors is caused by the gutters on the roof above the door leaking water thru the inside of the body. You can put a stop to it getting worse by fixing those leaks. Both my 88 and 93 Bronco's had leaks there. I used Marine silicone on the 88 and had the body shop reseal the gutters on the 93 when they repainted the roof. As said before LMC sells all kinds of patch panels..."

See rocker replacement @ https://www.fullsizebronco.com/threads/rocker-panel-replacement.131438/

Chris wrote, "You will not want to "slip" over the setup. I would not do that because it has the potential to get too much crap in there and rust away just as fast. Cut them out and weld in the new parts.
"

OP
OP
Xltsportfun

Xltsportfun

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, i figured out where to cut out the old one under both pillars, from what i read on the other forum post you linked to, should i not put the whole slip on panel on?
Top is what i started with, bottom is where im at now, keep getting rained out. I do have the slip on and was planning to put it on to cover the holes i cut out in both pillars.
Also while we're talking about it, i have the body pretty torn apart, the tailgate sill has been completely cut off as well as the rear supports that go up the bed sides have, would it be wise to remove the body at this time, or wait until the body has been put back together, either way it will be taken off but wondering if while its so torn apart if it'd be ok to do, i dont want to do it if in its current state id do more harm than good by doing so.20200429_171418.jpg
20200501_165530.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke