Rhino / Line x on your Bronco's top.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NAGS95

Reaction score
I've been reading allot lately about guys having their tops coated in rhino liner or line x. The top on my Bronco is pretty faded and I'd like to look into this option a little more. Has anybody on this forums done this already and better yet anybody got any good pictures so I can take a look at it. Also, how bout a rough estimate on what it costs. Thanks!

92bigbko

Reaction score
i have a great suggestion.

instead of spending $80.00 on a gallon of herculiner or such.

AL&m get this stuff its simply called "truck bed liner" $5.00 per can. blue can. has a picture of a red truck with the liner in it.

its good shit. and it doesnt weigh a ton like rhino liner and such.

its about as good just cheaper and prolly better looking.. i use it in my inner fender wells to keep it lookin good.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
NAGS95

NAGS95

Reaction score
i have a great suggestion.instead of spending $80.00 on a gallon of herculiner or such.

AL&m get this stuff its simply called "truck bed liner" $5.00 per can. blue can. has a picture of a red truck with the liner in it.

its good shit. and it doesnt weigh a ton like rhino liner and such.

its about as good just cheaper and prolly better looking.. i use it in my inner fender wells to keep it lookin good.
Thanks for the info! Any idea how good this stuff resists the sun. My top is pretty faded right now and thats the main reason I'm lookin into this.

92bigbko

Reaction score
i would like to guess it holds up good. but i cant honestly say... due to the fact i have only used the product for a few weeks in various places...

but i can say for sure it holds up very good with heat. i sprayed it on the littl emuffler on my go-cart lol it has not changed at all even after hours of running...

so it holds up good adganst heat. i do KNOW that.

hope ive helped.

POTTER

Reaction score
I just finised the 'bedliner' project...coated a good portion of the body and the entire top with Duplicolor's Duraliner. It rolls on and was super easy to go. Especially since you roll it on...no masking is needed, unless you want to. I have a bunch of shots in my gallery you can check out...and if you want, email me at [email protected] and I will email other shots too.

I like the way it came out and hope it holds up. I can see, however, that it might start to fade after being abused by the sun every day. I may still clear coat it to help protect it, but think I will wait until after the winter to see how it holds up.

best of all, if it gets banged up or scratched, just roll out some more to cover the damage...lol...

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?aut...si&img=3025

http://broncozone.com/forums/index.php?aut...si&img=3026

Last edited by a moderator:

RBuffordTJ

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Any idea how good this stuff resists the sun. My top is pretty faded right now and thats the main reason I'm lookin into this.
It doesn't hold up well in sun and elements. The problem with the spray can liners is they don't have a chemical hardener in them so they fade and weaken pretty fast. You will re-coat it at least once a year to keep it looking fresh and good. I got a buddy up in SC who did his whole truck and topper, it was a Toyota, all together it was about $5000.00 so you figure probably around a grand to do the top if you have it coated with the other. It will add a good bit of weight, but on the other hand it is guaranteed for a lifetime not to chip or break.

Depends on what you want for your truck, a long lasting product or a short term patch.

Rick in Orlando

OP
OP
NAGS95

NAGS95

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!

Potter....thanks for the link to your pictures. It looks pretty sweet. The top turned out real nice. I think I'm going to give it a shot!

POTTER

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys!
Potter....thanks for the link to your pictures. It looks pretty sweet. The top turned out real nice. I think I'm going to give it a shot!
no problem buddy...like in the post before, you can get a spray can liner, but I would not use that for the top, I would get the roll out kind as they do have a chemical hardener and are UV resistant. Take it with a grain of salt though...you may have to recoat it every couple of years, but once it is done, it is really easy to redo...and for the cost savings, I think it is worth it.

crazyhorse85

Reaction score
Hey nags95 sorry it took so long to get back to ya...bodyshop has been a little busy here lately....the reason i rhino- lined mine was because my top was in bad shape you could see the fiberglass matting on it...but yeah i'm real happy with the way it turned out...to me it's more durable and doesn't scratch easy when off-roading...it did add a little weight to it but nothing big...i'll see if i can get some pics uploaded for ya....it was cheaper than trying to refinish my top back to factory looks and i think it looks better.... B)

Bronk351

Reaction score
I have Herculiner on my Pre runner light bar, it fades in the sun. Not sure what the other products do or hold up in the sun but its not the first ive heard about this kinda stuff. POR15 fades as well.

John Williams

Reaction score
I have Qwikliner and it works well. QWIK LINER Spray-On bedliner is industry proven to provide your truck bed with anti skid, permanent abrasion-resistant protection. The unique flexible, textured, non-porous lining is easy to clean and never warped, cracked or peeled.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23