Repair manual?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mtscbronco

Reaction score
My g/f has a 1973 Bronco that is going to need some work. I've looked around for a manual to give me a helping hand while I tackle some of the issues but I haven't found one that is dedicated to the early broncos, only one the Haynes one that appears to try and encompass all broncos of those years.

Does anyone know of a good repair manual? I'm looking for some diagrams on brakes, transmission, transfer cases ect. Thanks!

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Hi MT.., welcome..!

Chilton may be a bit better. Many auto parts stores stock them.

However.., these rigs are "old school, tried-n-true" components & there's not much difference between years, makes & models.

There's EBAY for '66-'77 Bronco manuals that come up now & then...

Check your local library.., many have a good selection. You can make copies & take notes.

Brakes are common & easy. T-case is common but not much can be done to it W/O removal.

NOTE; When seperating T-case from the adaptor.., roller bearings will drop into the case. No biggie as they can be fished out with a magnet if necessary.

OP
OP
M

mtscbronco

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I was a tech for a few years so the brakes shouldn't be an issue, I'm just worried about unknown "special" things on the bronco, like the bearings dropping into the case as you stated. Thanks again!

Bully Bob

TOP GUN
Reaction score
Then.., if you're going to get into the trannie or transfer.., you'll likely need some gaskets & maybe a piecee-part or two.

(Don't know where you are)

You'd be well served to talk to Wild Horses or the like. They have a good blow-up view of those items & would be happy to advise on tear-down & re-assemble.... & what to look for. >:D< <'>

They rebuild these components on a daily basis.

astronot

Reaction score
Don't know if this would suit you but both Tom's and JBG sell factory manuals for each year on CD.

Bishop Odo

Reaction score
I have the factory 1975 truck manuals, all Ford trucks for 5 books in all in print, bought them in 1986 when I bought my Bronco and there worth it. The Chiltons and Hayes books are the equalivant of the cliff notes, you can get buy but you are better off in the long run with the real things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boone_23