Regulator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomC

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible for my voltage regulator to become damaged, because I created a short while installing a new CD player. Also if it is damaged would that prevent my alternator from keeping my battery charged?

Runnin'OnEmpty

Reaction score
It's possible, but not likely unless the ignition switch was on. It's easy to check with a voltmeter. A resting battery will show about 12.6v, a charging battery will show between 13-14v.

Ziggy

Reaction score
You should disconnect the battery when you change out the regulator as you could fry it - been there, done that. Make sure your ground connections are clean. Since the frame/body is your ground, make sure the body area under regulator is clean, the engine is grounded to the firewall and the battery ground (both terminal post and engine connection) are clean. Check belt tension, loose or worn belts will slip on the altinator and not give you full juice.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sufferedformula