Rear Window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87Bronco351

Reaction score
My 87's rear window does not work, and it is stuck in the down possition. I need to get it up so i can see if the motor is bad or what? the chilton repair manual is no help. But befor i go through the trouble of that, is there any other problems that i should check first??? :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

7.3crawler

Reaction score
Remove the left tailight assembly, the electrical wires for the window will be right there. the ground wire for the window motor is screwed to the body it often gets corroded. There is also a 12v power wire with abullet type connector that corrodes away. If power and ground are good, and all else fails, have someone hold up on the window switch while you smack the inside of the door with a large rubber mallet! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Dan.

Ice Man 860

Reaction score
Ive had similar problems with my '89. check the window regulator bracket and roller, u can get at em if u pull the glass up a little bit with the access panel off. in my case one of the rolers rusted off and had to be replaced, you can get all of thoes parts from the bronco graveyard

also check the the posting on the second page of this forum called 96 Bronco Rear Window, posted by mcbmg95

OP
OP

87Bronco351

Reaction score
thanks for the help, my truck is getting tranny work done right now, but i will work on that back window a.s.a.p.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wdtdls