Protection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cory1014

Cory1014
Reaction score
Anyone know of somewhere to find body armor, diff covers, or skid plates for broncos? Or will I just end up having to fab them myself? I'd reallying like to have difff covers for rock crawling ect.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ruffstuff makes a pretty stout diff cover. Don't know of anyone who makes "body armor" like you can find for a jeep, but several venders make good rocksliders. Bumpers are out there too, but they tend to be pretty pricey.

Ogeechee 4x4

Reaction score
the TTB "cover" is thicker than you think. several people have, after completing a SAS, cut the "cover" out of a TTB and installed it on their solid D44 as a "upgrade".

almost everyone makes a thicker diff cover for the 8.8--they're pretty popular with the jeep crowd, apparently.

I'm not aware of anyone...any company...who makes a "skidplate" for a bronco.

Same with "body armor". All i've noticed has been custom.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
C

cory1014

Cory1014
Reaction score
Thanks. I wasnt too concerned with body armor cause chicks dig body damage and scares, but thought I'd add it in there. But I am interested in the rock sliders and skids mainly.

Seabronc

Reaction score
You can get a stock skid plate for the transfer case area but the best ones I have seen for the entire undercarriage, were fabricated by their owners.

Good luck,

:)>-

Last edited by a moderator:

eugeneblack

Reaction score
I like to make my own "body armor" thats fast and cheap and fairly easy. All you do is buy the roof protection stick cloth that most skiers put on the roof of their SUV's. Put it on your Bronco, cut out the shape you need and i like to use the roll on truck bed liner or some line x. Use multiple coats for roll on though. Paint them up whatever color you want and its protection you cant beat. Unless you have plate steel panels and a welder. Than do that.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david@holycitytransportat