Project Tetanus/ the mail order Bronco.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
a couple days ago I decided to put a dash pad in. Then since I had the day off today, I was trying to talk my self out of lifting, but I really love driving this bronco. it is so much fun I’ll use any excuse. finally decided to go because it gave me an excuse to drive the bronco, lol.

this is a before shot of the interior
fcGIwhc.jpg

this is how it looks now. I think it gives it a more finished look. and the black ties in nicely with the rest of the interior. I took a couple pics out in the sun, and one with the lights on as I was getting ready to back out.

uDcRuO6.jpg

bpEOvq2.jpg

HGDgpSG.jpg

here is a poser shot in the parking lot of the Y. dang that looks good.

Cdars6m.jpg

chrlsful

Reaction score
current '70 I put together from 3, 4 others in early '80s is a 1/2 cab right now (has all 3 tops). It has been an income source (not rec/show/race) 39 yrs and now is being modded (C sig) to retire frm woods to st (30/70% steda other way around) for my 20 something daughter. She wrenches w/me and is some good bonding & training for her. I spearheaded a 'retro look' & she's agreeded as she was not alive in '80s (cept for non-frame tied roll bar, flairs'n huge lift). ie: Exterior sun visor w/5 lght, white wagons, PTO, Kiltie HiLghts, cactus smasher, etc...

OP
OP
mustanggarage

mustanggarage

Reaction score
I have been driving the Bronco for a few months now. and overall I am very happy with it. The BluePrint Engines 408 is awesome and the dual quad snipers are dialed in. it is a beast to drive. However, the vacuum boosted brakes left something to be desired. they were"ok" but I wouldn't have wanted to trust them too much in a panic stop. I considered switching to hydroboost which would be the ultimate solution, and despite the extra thousand bucks to do so and throwing away my nice vacuum setup, I was about to pull the trigger. but I asked wild horses about it and they told me my stock explorer powersteering pump would probably not be adequate for the job. I looked at different pump options, but I couldn't find anything that would bolt in without having to completely re-do a lot of stuff. so i decided to try just adding a vacuum reserve canister, 40 bucks from Jegs, and that made a big difference.
uwZX6dg.jpg
rQBXFUQ.jpg
JJ0nnYJ.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fryman22