Picked up a 78 yesterday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zog

Reaction score
Some pics are attached. 78, original 400 with 93,000 original miles. 4" lift and 35" tires.

Front%20quarter.JPG

Rear.JPG

Interior2.JPG

Side.JPG

89Bronco58

Reaction score
wow thats a really nice truck, esp for a 78, my friend had one and it was a beast but needed body work, your looks really good , me personally id rather have a black top, but thats just me lol, how much did you pay for her

OP
OP
Z

zog

Reaction score
wow thats a really nice truck, esp for a 78, my friend had one and it was a beast but needed body work, your looks really good , me personally id rather have a black top, but thats just me lol, how much did you pay for her

One rust spot about the size of a CD on the passenger door, and a couple bubbles coming through on the tailgate. The rest of the body is pretty good.

Paid $3000. Not to bad of a tinker toy since it's in decent condition.

OP
OP
Z

zog

Reaction score
Well quick update. After some research it seems I have the 351 and not the 400. My brother in law was told it was the 400, but the "H" in the vin says differently. Oh well, no big deal I guess.

OP
OP
Z

zog

Reaction score
That 351 is just a modified 400. Its pretty much the same engine.
I know I read you had to pretty much rip the engine apart to tell the difference, so it's no big deal. I doubt I'll be doing much more than keeping the engine running for short term. Got too much to do to make it driveable on a somewhat regular basis.

jstevenson509

Reaction score
:( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sorry to hear it's a 400 not the 351, that's a shame to find out after buying.

I did have to smile though, as I bought mine with the 351 supposedly only to find out it has the 400!

So it can go both ways. :lol:

Good luck with her!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke