On-board Air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
It's time I got OBA on the Bronco, since it's something I've been wanting, and now something I feel I should have (especially with the upcoming week-long road trip)

So, right now, I'm in the middle of making a York mounting bracket, since I can't find any stock brackets for a 429/460. So far, so good. It'll be pivoting off a bolt in the head. I'm in the middle of designing the pivot bracket right now. As of right now, this is based off my 429, with a stock Ford PS pump. Until I'm able to swap pumps, I won't know if this will fit with a saginaw pump, but I'm expecting it will

Just the other day, I found a perfect size tank, about 9" x 18" (whatever that works out to be), that will get mounted on the driver side inner fender. I'm going to have two fittings welded on, giving me three to use - 1 for the air intake, where the pressure switch will be, 1 for the oil/water separator and regulator, for the air hose couplers, and the last one for the air horns. I'm going to try and find a finned, coiled steel line (likely used on some type of refridgerantor) for the air supply from the compressor to the tank. the separator and regulator will be set on the inside of the inner fender, below the tank, allowing hood clearance

The air horns will use a typical lanyard, which gives it that cool factor. I was hoping to find a cheap air/electric solenoid, but no luck. I've also installed a hand throttle (read, bicycle shifter) on the Tcase shifter, and just have to connect it to the carb linkage

Now that I'm this far, it will have to wait until sometime next week, when I have more time, and more money, to finish it up

Ziggy

Reaction score
David,

If you still need the brackets for your OBA, I believe I have a set for your engine tucked away in the garage. Let me know and I will send them to you. ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

OP
OP
davids78bronco

davids78bronco

fabricator extraordinaire
Reaction score
hahaa... NOW you tell me! Actually, I'm almost done with my bracket, I just need to pick up a couple small Heim joints, and get my aluminum hex bar turned, and tapped. But if I can't get it to work, by Monday, I'll be sending an email

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Utahstroke